🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #34 Goldberg 😤

DDP scores a decent 3.73, slotting him nicely between Booker T and The Road Warriors:

Wrestler Rating
Chris Jericho (3) 4.69
Kurt Angle (2) 4.55
Mick Foley (10) 4.55
Macho Man Randy Savage (12) 4.37
Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) 4.36
Eddie Guerrero (8) 4.28
Ric Flair (11) 4.23
The Undertaker (7) 4.22
The Steiner Brothers (n/a) 4.22*
Shawn Michaels (6) 4.21
William Regal (18) 4.1
Bret Hart (9) 4.07
Owen Hart (21) 3.95
CM Punk (16) 3.85
Jake “The Snake” Roberts (20) 3.81
The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom (106) 3.74
Diamond Dallas Page (41) 3.73
Booker T (48) 3.72
Charlotte Flair (34) 3.69
Vince McMahon (66) 3.55
Kane (19) 3.54
Brock Lesnar (30) 3.52
Triple H (13) 3.48
John Cena (17) 3.43
Rob Van Dam (47) 3.4
Becky Lynch (28) 3.2
Ron Simmons (114) 3.18
Big Van Vader (58) 3.17
Shane McMahon (59) 3.17
A.P.A (90) 3.15
Sting (52) 3.12
The Big Boss Man(36) 3.1
Scott Steiner (55) 3.08
Stephanie McMahon (n/a) 2.36
Hulk Hogan (61) 2.33
D-X (n/a) 2.33
JBL (n/a) 1.56

And now, WHO’S NEXT? YOU’RE NEXT.

BILL GOLDBERG

How Good Was Goldberg Really?

0 voters

Goldberg’s had such a hilariously odd career that I took a few creative liberties with this one:

Favourite Goldberg Match/Moment
  • Goldberg’s streak begins vs Hugh Morris (Nitro, Sep 22nd '97)
  • Goldberg’s PPV Debut vs Steve “Mongo” McMichael (Starrcade '97)
  • Goldberg gets taken to school by William Regal (Nitro, Feb 9th, '98)
  • Goldberg wins his first title vs Raven (WCW U.S Title Match, Nitro, April 20th, '98)
  • Goldberg vs Saturn (WCW U.S Title Match, Slamboree '98)
  • Goldberg vs Konnan (WCW U.S Title Match, Great American Bash '98)
  • Goldberg wins the World Heavyweight Title vs Hogan ON FREE TV AT THE GEORGIA DOME (Nitro, Jul 6th '98)
  • Goldberg vs Curt Hennig (WCW World Heavyweight Title Match, Bash at the Beach '98)
  • Goldberg vs DDP (WCW World Heavyweight Title Match, Halloween Havoc '98)
  • Goldberg jobs the streak and the title out against a cattle prod, followed by the “finger poke of doom” next night on Nitro vs Kevin Nash (WCW World Heavyweight Title No DQ Match, Starrcade '98)
  • Goldberg gets his “revenge” vs Scott Hall (Ladder Stun-Gun Match, Souled Out '99)
  • Goldberg wins back the U.S & World Titles… or does he? (No) vs Sid Vicious & Sting respectively (Halloween Havoc '99)
  • Goldberg loses both the U.S Title and his place in the vacated World Title Tournament the next night on Nitro vs Bret Hart (Nitro, Oct 25th '99)
  • Goldberg vs Sid Vicious (“I Quit” Match, Mayhem '99)
  • Goldberg & Bret Hart team up to win the WCW World Tag Titles (for one week) vs The Harris Brothers (WCW Thunder, Dec 9th, '99)
  • Goldberg ends Bret Hart’s career in a World Title Match that ends in a “screwjob” finish! (WCW Starrcade '99)
  • Goldberg slices his arm punching out a Limo chasing the “nWo 2000” causing him to miss his NJPW Tokyo Dome 2000 show (Thunder, Dec 23rd '99)
  • Goldberg returns, turns heel and feuds with Kevin Nash, then kayfabe walks out on a match because Russo (WCW Bash at the Beach & New Blood Rising '00)
  • Goldberg vs Scott Steiner (No DQ Match, Fall Brawl '00)
  • Goldberg’s final WCW Match w/ Dwayne Bruce/Buddy Lee Parker vs “Totally Buffed” Lex Luger * Buff Bagell (No DQ Tag, WCW Sin 2001)
  • Goldberg goes to AJPW for a year and teamed with Keiji Mutoh vs KroniK!
  • Goldberg arrives at WWE vs The Rock (Backlash '03)
  • Goldberg vs Chris Jericho (Bad Blood '03)
  • Goldberg vs Triple H vs Chris Jericho vs Kevin Nash vs Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels (Elimination Chamber Match, Summerslam '03)
  • Goldberg wins the WWE Title! vs Triple H (Unforgiven '03)
  • Goldberg loses the WWE Title! vs Triple H & Kane (Armageddon '03)
  • Royal Rumble '04
  • Goldboo vs Boo Lesnar (Wrestlemania XX booooooooo)
  • Goldberg returns to wrestling after a 12-year hiatus for a video game, beats Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series main event in 1 minute and 26 seconds (Survivor Series '16)
  • Royal Rumble '17
  • Goldberg fucks it, beating Kevin Owens for the Title (WWE Universal Title Match, Fastlane '17)
  • Goldberg (boo) finally loses to Lesnar! (WWE Universal Title Match, Wrestlemania 33)
  • Goldberg comes back for some reason (blood-money) after being inducted into the hall of fame vs The Undertaker! (Super ShowDown Saudi Arabia 2019)
  • Goldberg has one last decent match vs Dolph Ziggler! (Summerslam '19)
  • Goldberg fucks it again beating The Fiend for the Title! (WWE Universal Title Match, Super ShowDown Saubi Arabia '20)
  • Goldberg jobs out to COVID, Braun Strowman (WWE Universal Title Match, Wrestlemania 36)

0 voters

Gotta be challenging JBL

2 Likes

ah come on he’s not that bad

Well he’s not better than Hogan is he

do you know on games when you can create your own character… is goldberg the wrestler you get when you set all the settings/stats to 5/10…?

the most vanilla/beige thing imaginable.

1 Like

I’d say yes?

Had a great gimmick, was a draw, been irrelevant for 20 years

3 Likes

I’ve gone a 3 fwiw, could have been a 4 if he left his WWE return at just the Lesnar feud (and not beaten Kevin Owens for the title on the way)

3 Likes

Seems a nice enough family man these days, but not a fan at all. He’s like a more boring Brock Lesnar, and Lesnar already sucks all the entertainment out of wrestling most of the time.

2 Likes

Shit

1 Like

not really, the lesnar stuff did great business

2 Likes

he was just putting Bret out of his misery MASSIVE SAFETY WINK

“Bill don’t hurt me out there”

How about I hurt my own foot on your skull instead

1 Like

not a good wrestler, and a bit of a bitter nerd of a man, but it’s impossible to overstate how exciting that initial wcw run was. unsustainable of course, the streak can’t go on forever and he was too limited to do much after that (although that steiner match is a BANGER), but man, when it was good it was really good.

never need to see him in the ring again, but I’m glad he got a bit of closure and managed to do something worthwhile with the fed in the end (should have called it a day after the mania match with brock though).

3 Likes

not watched the Steiner match but it’s his highest rated by Meltz lad I noticed, which piqued my interest

just two big lads doing big clotheslines, big suplexes, and big slams aka the best kind of match. always thought uncle dave underrated that ddp match though

2 Likes

used to stuff like this on the regular, and it was great. look how hype the crowd are. then he punched through a car window, messed his arm up and lost half his strength, because he is an idiot

3 Likes

You’ll be pleased to know he’s contracted for another 6 matches over the next 3 years then.