🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #34 Goldberg 😤

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

why. suppose one of them will be getting squashed by my all time (big) dog so that’s sort of ok, maybe chucking him in the rumble to hit a couple of spears would be ok too. but yeah, the world doesn’t need three more bill goldberg matches

BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPING MEAT

3 Likes

Didn’t catch his original run, so missed out on the excitement. Lost out to Brock Lesnar in WWE, who was more of a physical marvel and could wrestle better. His last run in WWE was absolutely pathetic, a man with 2 moves who couldn’t do one of them properly. As posted above, fuck him for what he did to Bret. Fun to play as in games though. 2.

I don’t think he intended to end Bret’s career :wink:

this was great and all we needed

3 Likes

also I find this match a wee bit underrated

one of the best (probably THE best) 5 minute tv matches ever

https://dai.ly/x6uhz32

1 Like

the rematch was great fun too imo

2 Likes

Raven’s finisher was called the Even Flow? :‘’')

2 Likes

never understood in ecw why they gave him the offspring for entrance music, wcw had the right idea at least with that come as you are rip off. not like ecw were paying for the music anyway, just give him even flow or teen spirit or something

I can’t imagine the Offspring fitting at all! he’s a mopey grunge person who sits in the corner, not a skater.

1 Like

A great ‘spectacle’ wrestler and no doubt a marquee name, bona fide main eventer even in his 50s anywhere in the world.
His work is … interesting, his mixture of classic big man stuff with mma was exciting and pretty fresh - I think his influence on guys like Lesnar and even Taker later on is underplayed a bit. That being said any matches he had that went longer than 3 minutes tended to let him down, and he’s never been a true ‘worker’. But when your stuff is so realistic looking that shouldn’t be much of an issue. Dangerous at times though, you’ve got to feel for guys like Bret. Pretty standard on the mic, nothing exciting but nothing too bad.
Suffered from bad booking in wwe and worse booking by Russo at the end of wcw - he was their last chance at staying afloat so of course they turned him heel and had him playing silly buggers with everyone killing his mystique completely.
Generous 4 overall for the spectacle and big fight moments alone.

2 Likes

Best spear for my money too. Would probably go Goldberg > Roman > Rhyno > Edge >>> Everyone else

3 Likes

always used to get him confused with golddust and then it turned out there was a third wrestler called moondust.

Very confusing

They could have at least made it ‘Self Esteem’

1 Like

Do you mean Stardust, Bam?

1 Like

yes that’s it, stardust, sorry

1 Like

got all my wrestling knowledge from Smackdown on PS1 and Goldberg wasn’t on it

1 Like

He’s Goldust’s younger brother and at the time, tag team partner :blush:

1 Like

used to enjoy beating up the mid level boring wrestlers like Perry Saturn and Steve Blackman with my created wrestler

1 Like