🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #41 Ted DiBiase 💸

Tiger Ali Singh had a gimmick?!

Alright

How Good Was Mike I.R.S Rotunda

0 voters

The making people humiliate themselves for money thing

Nah never happened

haven’t been getting involved with these wrestling threads despite being into it late 80s early 90s.
anyway the million dollar man gets 5 from me :slight_smile:

‘everybodys gotta price’ :joy: :+1:

1 Like

He was basically the Million Dollar Man yeah but it was to show Americans were greedy and stupid

1 Like

Ah like Jinder Mahal

Complete personal take but in my early days of watching i hated him so fucking much it genuinely took up quite a lot of my days!

Liked I.R.S marginally more because braces, obvs.

P.s the ‘Death Of WCW’ book is a goldmine for stories like the MDM/basketball story.

2 Likes

Generous 2, had a decent look although it seemed awkward to wrestle in. Bad otherwise, just, bad.

1 Like

alright a wee bump and a “who’s next?!” poll, quite an interesting selection here including a couple bonus package threads!

• Pat Patterson
  • Jerry Lawler
  • Stan Hansen
  • Andre The Giant
  • Jesse Ventura
  • Main Event Ed Leslie Brutus Beefcake
  • Demolition (including Repo Man/Blacktop Bully, Crush, Disciples of Apocalypse, KroniK & Adam Bomb!)
  • The Ultimate Warrior
  • Dusty Rhodes
  • Goldustin Rhodes
  • The Natural Disasters
  • Nasty Boys
  • Billy Gunn (& Road Dogg)
  • Rikishi Fatu (& Haku)
  • Razon Ramon Scott Hall
  • Diesel Kevin Nash
  • Tatanka
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • Savio Vega (& Los Boricuas)
  • Al Snow
  • Bob Backlund
  • Doink the Clown
  • Flash Funk/2 Cold Scorpio
  • Gangrel
  • Jim Neidhart
  • Scotty 2 Hotty
  • Sgt. Slaughter
  • Steve Blackman
  • Alundra Blayze/Medusa

0 voters

I’ll have to watch the documentary (been on my watch list for ages) thought he was an incredible heel and pure evil as a kid. Even at the time I knew the Virgil stuff was a bit off, I vaguely remember there was a match where they had to eat poo off the others show or some nonsense?
Think as an athlete he was past his best by the time he arrived in Wwf but as a youngster (and still to be honest) it’s the personas that make a real impact on me and Ted was brilliant.
And as a wee personal note, the first time I knew wwf figures even existed was when I was a child and my da had won some money and came back home with a Million Dollar Man action figure. He chose that one because he too thought Ted was a real character, and he came with the million dollar title! My mind was blown. Great Dad-ing therre :grinning:

2 Likes

Aw this is is so nice :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah makes me happy thinking about it. All the figures are still in my parents attic I think.
They’re all scuffed and paint chipped from the absolute wars I put them through.
It was great in those days where you’d go for an almost weekly Snoop round the local toy shop to see what actually existed, never remember seeing TV ads etc for wwf toys before they just appeared and all the kids went crazy for them lol
Loved the wee spring action punch he did (same as jake the snakes figure)

1 Like

Yeah I did the same, my parents used to do a weekly shop at a big Tesco on Sundays and I’d usually have a look at what figures were there, of the toy shop in town, usually got one every week or so and out on my own little Sunday afternoon PPVs on (I was a very lonely child)

1 Like

The toys that magically appeared on local toy shops shelves and blew all of our young minds:

wwf figures
He-Man figures
Ghostbusters figures
Ninja Turtles figures

Mass hsyeria! Crazy how things just appeared and became a word of mouth thing too.

Think I got the wwf ring (with title) one Xmas. It was great on birthdays and special occasions getting the 2pack tag teams.

1 Like

Did you mean Samu alongsideFatu? Haku’s definitely big enough for a thread of his own.

1 Like

Yes you’re right I did. I stupidly originally had Haku on his own as well and the got mixed up ha

Could have a -a-u wildcad free-for-all?

Wouldn’t mind an appraisal of Haku actually - he was in the WWF for bloody ages. The commentators would always go on about how genuinely tough he was :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah there’s some mad stories around Haku being a genuine tough guy.

Also a-a-u?

Where the second letter of someone’s name is a and the last u!

Course, Fatu’s twin brother was Tama, just to confuse things and he was Haku’s partner in the Islanders.

1 Like