🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? 🤼‍♀ #9 Brock Lesnar 🍖

Christ it’s hot today. RVD scores 3.4 frustratingly putting him above Becky despite being 20 places behind in the Top 100 poll.

Wrestler Rating
Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) 4.36
William Regal (18) 4.1
Bret Hart (9) 4.07
CM Punk (16) 3.85
Booker T (48) 3.72
John Cena (17) 3.43
Rob Van Dam (47) 3.4
Becky Lynch (28) 3.2

Next up should be a BEEFY one as we rate and discuss THE BEAST, MR. HERE COMES THE PAIN, clears throat to do Heyman voice BRRRROOOOOOCK LESSSNAAARRRRR

Brock is owed a thread from winning the CM Punk thread poll, so this seems like a good time as (joint) won yesterday’s. He’s also our first more controversial figure to cover, so should be a laugh.

So, Just How Good Is Brock Lesnar really?!

0 voters

Favourite Match:

• Lesnar vs RVD IC Title Match (Vengeance '02)
  • Lesnar vs The Rock (Summerslam '02)
  • Lesnar vs The Undertaker Hell In A Cell (No Mercy '02)
  • Lesnar vs Kurt Angle I (Wrestlemania XIX)
  • Lesnar vs Angle II (Summerslam '03)
  • Lesnar vs Angle III 60-Minute Ironman Match (Smackdown, Sep 16th 2003)
  • Lesnar vs Guerrero (No Way Out '04)
  • Lesnar vs Goldberg (lol Wrestlemania XX)
  • Lesnar vs Cena (Extreme Rules 2012)
  • Lesnar vs HHH Cage Match (Extreme Rules 2013)
  • Lesnar vs CM Punk (Summerslam 2013)
  • Lesnar vs The Undertaker I (Wrestlemania XXX)
  • Lesnar vs Cena (Summerslam 2014)
  • Lesnar vs Cena vs Seth Rollins (Royal Rumble 2015)
  • Lesnar vs Reigns - Seth Rollins cash in (Wrestlemania 31)
  • Lesnar vs The Undertaker II (Summerslam 2015)
  • Lesnar vs The Undertaker III (Hell in a Cell 2015)
  • Lesnar vs Reigns vs Ambrose (Fastlane 2016)
  • Lesnar vs Reigns vs Strowman vs Samoa Joe (Summerslam 2017)
  • Lesnar vs AJ Styles (Survivor Series 2017)
  • Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan (Survivor Series 2018)
  • Lesnar vs Seth Rollins (Summerslam 2019)

0 voters

Very boring but used to be not boring

2 Likes

don’t think I like him, sorry Brock Lesnar

He’s still put on classic matches on even as recently as Summerslam last year! He’s still great when he can be bothered but will admit it’s a declining hit rate

It’s alright Bam he doesn’t really like anyone anyway

1 Like

Has anyone ever seen his New Japan stuff? Whatever you think of him, being the only WWE, NJPW AND UFC champion (and all pro champion at college level) is not to be sniffed at

1 Like

Loved his money in the bank run. And this years rumble. And his second Mania match with Goldberg (way way better than it has any right to be)

Plays his current role to perfection, helped a lot by Heyman obviously.

4 for me

2 Likes

In terms of his career and the wide range of great matches he’s had, he’s a 5. He’s protected as ducky and reigned it in massively and was a bit of a creepy bollix to Sable (until they got married) but I’m not sure any of this really is point docking worthy?

1 Like

Gotta dock him a few for turning big matches into finisher-fests. Fuck that shit.

Absolutely love that Wrestlemania match with Angle though, they worked so well together

1 Like

He’s fucking great. The first time he showed up on Raw was a genuine holy shit moment, he looked unreal. Think he still looks good now, the Rumble was one of those where on a rewatch it gets better. Think hes quite underappreciated tbh

2 Likes

Also I do get the feeling his spot fest matches are more him being told to do that, he seems a guy who doesnt care too much for the business but he wants to put a spectacle on. When hes more free he can do some great stuff still

2 Likes

The thing I keep coming back to is, look at that list of names he had great matches with, that’s a who’s who of some of the best wrestling talent of the last, what, 25 years? And I’m aware Lesnar often plays the same role in all of them but he plays it (well, is it) to perfection. Best final boss ever.

he also beat the shit out of Hogan that time which was great

4 Likes

Was great for the first year or so he was around, had some moments since his comeback but all seems a bit of a waste at times - not really his fault though, he’s clearly happy to do whatever he’s told to as long as he’s getting paid.

There’s a bit in Jim Ross’s book about Vince’s reaction the first time he saw him, basically had love hearts fluttering out of his eyes

1 Like

Haven’t seen him pre-UFC, but he generally bores me in his post-UFC run and I don’t even watch much of it.

3/5 for making the best of a terrible booking decision in giving him money in the bank last year.

He’s a 5
Sort of a story of two careers too since his first run had him working so often and with everyone, having more standard wwe matches but with the ironman with angle, and the matches with Rock and Taker some nailed on classics. Then in the last decade, the ‘Brock’ matches.

The last legitimate, main event box office draw wrestling has left. Offense that is quite often just straight up real rather than believable, and when he has the desire capable of creating absolute barnstormers like the triple threat with Cena and Rollins. And let’s be honest why shouldn’t he be selective about who he bumps for, doing so for everyone just cheapens him. When wrestling fans moan about him being part time it’s such a double standard imho.
He can’t talk for toffee but why would he need to with Heyman by his side.

4 Likes

I’ve also gone 5. His debut year is unparalleled but the first three years or so of his return are just as good. The fact he got revenge on Super Cena (when he should have won his otherwise great return match) so comprehensively is still fairly amazing to me, but then there’s the punk match, and the Bryan match, and the styles match and the couple Seth matches, and even the other two taker matches or the Goldberg redemption feud. DUDE IS MONEY

2 Likes

not sure that’s true, maybe during his first run (can’t remember tbh) but i really like when he talks now e.g. telling cena he’s going to leave him in a pile of blood, piss, and vomit; telling heath slater he doesn’t give a shit about his kids etc. obvs isn’t as good as paul e but then who is.

also, while he’s a legit draw in ufc not sure if that’s ever been the case in wrestling (or rather, not as much of a draw as they’re paying him to be). he does have a similar thing to cena though in that he completely changes the tone whenever he appears. like, raw bumbles along and the crowd is a certain level throughout, but as soon as either of those guys turn up, suddenly the atmosphere is electric. because the crowd know that basically the rest of the show doesn’t matter, but these two are important

1 Like