📺 How Good Was it Really?: BBC's Pride and Prejudice 📺

If it upsets you I can shift it up to a 2

FTFY

1 Like

Gosford Park was the big Downton Abbey catalyst though. Also great (GP, not seen DA)

1 Like

I borrowed it from Swinton Library on a big box of about 5 tapes when I was a kid (I was a weird kid). Loved it to the standard of about a 5, but that was 15 years ago so I knocked a point off and voted 4 because I haven’t seen it in ages and maybe it’s actually a big old pile of wank.

I hated this so much as a kid.

My mum and sister would watch it constantly. I know practically every line it was on that much. Tempted to revisit it now that I’m an adult, I’m sure I’d get something out of it.

That lake scene, huh guys?

Ban request

1 Like

Is that Metropolitan? Love that film

2 Likes

You can’t knock a point off because it might not be as good as you remember! It’s 8m Netflix. Treat yourself to a rewatch.
I rewatch it about 3 times a year.
Well jealous of you rn.

shift it to a 3 and then get out of the thread imho

Didn’t see this argument in the Queen thread

Everyone has heard Queen. You’ve not seen this. Voting in a poll for something you’ve never seen and posting an inflammatory comment is totally unnecessary and you’re not thick, you know the difference. Stop doing this.

5 Likes

I love gosford park but not watched this or downton

Loads of people have only heard big queen singles, I’ve seen pictures of this show and heard enough about it.

No.

1 Like

Yes and that’s the end of the conversation on the matter

so great. I got so excited when I saw that Pride and Prejudice also has a character who sleeps through the whole thing.

2 Likes

4/5

I have a bit of Pavlov’s dog reaction to 18th century costume dramas (aversion), but this one is a cut above the rest.

So much is wrong with the society portrayed in the series (though not as wrong as the one portrayed in Game of Thrones, tbf, and that’s very popular), so it’s easy to think it’s just about a bunch of toffs trying to shag each other. But actually it radically subverted ideas of class and gender.

It’s also very funny.

All those good bits are ruined by the existence of Colin Firth and his damp trousers though.

2 Likes

Why do you do this. Stop it.

4 Likes

First time I saw this was with an old housemate who said if I watched it with her she’d make me as many bacon sandwiches as I wanted. I had 18. It’s perfectly enjoyable, period drama. If that’s your bag then great, if not then ok. I like it. Mrs F fucking loves it though so I’ll give it 5 for her. Also, Downton Abbey is perfectly watchable and enjoyable too.

Going to post this and probably mute the thread before I get irked.

3 Likes

Massive respect!

1 Like