šŸ“ŗ How Good Was It Really?: Breaking Bad šŸ“ŗ

yeah kinda a common character type but really really well realised

Itā€™s a prequel so they kinda do. Itā€™s creating an arc, if anything.

think the actor was a really great fit

1 Like

I loved how he wasnā€™t the typical incompetent cop though. He was a very real threat to Waltā€™s wrongdoings.

Thereā€™s a (mostly self-contained) episode in the first season of BCS that explains all of Mikeā€™s back story and itā€™s one of the best hours of telly Iā€™ve seen

6 Likes

BCS explains mikeā€™s backstory in a satisfactory way

1 Like

We didnā€™t see anything approaching a full arc for Saul or Mike though.

2 Likes

the makers talked about this - he was deff just meant to be just a jock irritant for Walter early on

Fair enough but personally donā€™t need to though. All adds to the improbability of TV stuff for me when every character from a story has some mad history that led to them meeting at key moments, makes it hard for me to suspend my disbelief.

ah just his shitty heh-heh laugh is so perfect

5 Likes

was just thinking that :smiley:

1 Like

I thought exactly the same when they announced it fwiw. In execution itā€™s spectacular though.

5 Likes

ooops nearly messed up at work

9 Likes

imagine working with someone called ā€˜Hankā€™ :smiley:

4 Likes

Ok so. I think itā€™s really good (mostly)

But I have no idea how the hell anyone has ever binge watched it. I basically stopped watching 2 years ago, halfway through season 4 because I found it quite draining and stressful to watch with all the big cliffhangers etc (also the last time I watched it was at a friendā€™s in Amsterdam and it was an unhappy trip). Do intend to finish it but definitely need to be in a certain mood to watch it.

Also find Skylar extremely annoying in season 1 and 2. She has every right to be, butā€¦ sheā€™s still annoying.

I was very nearly named Hank. True story.

1 Like

Heā€™s not even the best fictional TV character Hank, mates

1 Like

I watched it over a month or so after borrowing the DVDs from a friend, it was pretty brutal in parts. I was thankful for the silly episodes and some of the stuff that just focused on them making money and ended up dreading any scenes with Walt and Skyler which I guess was the point.

nah heā€™s just a great character to play off Walter and highlight his anxiousness and superiority complex

actually had a professor called Hank
once sent him an email misspelling his name as ā€˜Henkā€™ and in his reply he misspelt my name, also replacing the A with an E

19 Likes