šŸ“ŗ How Good Was it Really?: Father Ted šŸ“ŗ

I donā€™t think a week goes by where I donā€™t use a quote from Father Ted.

5/5. And the ā€˜Father Benā€™ intro is one of my favourite moments of TV ever.

3 Likes

Makes me feel good that Linehan hasnā€™t made a single other good thing so hopefully that means most of its good in spite of him.

6 Likes

Also I feel a bit racist laughing at it or quoting it like haha silly Irish accents

I reckon I use the expression ā€˜used the money to buy a fur coat! And a crown!ā€™ once a week at least.

3 Likes

5/5

A child has been lodged in the Tunnel of Goats.

6 Likes

the acceptance speech scene is absolutely incredible

ā€œAnd now we move on, to liarsā€

10 Likes

The scene at the end of that episode with Todd explaining everything is amazing too.

3 Likes

Probably the best theme tune ever though, just stupid enough, makes me happy every time

3 Likes

Have you ever heard the song itā€™s from Bam?

Nope, I know itā€™s the divine comedy man

2 Likes

Such a wonderful song

3 Likes

I want to give it a 5 but I just canā€™t bring myself to do it because Glinner is such a cunt. (I know I know 100 posts but COME ON)

1 Like

PALE
PUBESCENT BEASTS
ROAM THROUGH THE STREETS

2 Likes

That little ā€˜take meā€™ before the solo is so so good.

2 Likes

Thought this exact thing when I was listening the other day, always get the urge to sing it with him

1 Like

Such a great show. Itā€™s the little details - I think the sweary off camera exclamations as Ted solves the mystery of The Beast of Craggy Island in proper Agatha Christie denouement style have made me laugh as much as anything else on TV.

Easy 5. I hope we never find out who wrote it.

7 Likes

Strange hearing this with words!

1 Like

I think thatā€™s the only time they use ā€˜fuckā€™ instead of ā€˜feckā€™

1 Like

Not seen it. I dislike the vast majority of The IT Crowd and Black Books though and canā€™t see that this type of comedy would be significantly more up my alley? Seems like the kind of show that is far more fun to quote than watch.

1 Like