đŸ“ș How Good Was it Really?: Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds, Stingray etc) đŸ“ș

I can do polls but will only put them in the league table if they get over 10 votes

UFO

0 voters

Fireball XL-5

0 voters

Used to get creeped out by the close ups of actual human hands turning dials etc.

4 Likes

Space: 1999

0 voters

You also need to do Space Precinct:

My memory of this is tainted by the fact a kid in it had the same IKEA bed sheets as me. Have IKEA in space do they? Load of shite, ruined the illusion.

2 Likes

There’s an opening scene in a thunderbirds episode with a huge army tank thing that walks like a lizard with long legs through the jungle, think it then falls down a hole.

It’s great

4 Likes

loved that stuff, really clever and resourceful i thought. also the shots in stingray where they used remote control submarines in a fish tank. mega

1 Like

Thunderbird 4 > thunderbird 2 > thunderbird 3 > thunderbird 1 > thunderbird 5

1 Like

Four as the best one!? Are you a maniac!?

11 Likes

I think I’d actually just rank them in order of their numbers. That poor schumck stuck up in space (Gordon? Alan?)

4 Likes

Used to hate them all, so boring and unpleasant looking.

That Blue Peter thing where there was overwhelming demand for Anthea Turner’s instructions for making a model of Tracy Island from loo rolls is a bit from another era, isn’t it.

Liked the Busted version of the theme song though.

1 Like

2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 4

Liked how they made the unpopular brother sit on his own in space listening to a radio while they lived it up on a tropical island and flying crazy machines.

8 Likes

What were the names of the Angels in Captain Scarlet? Harmony, Rhapsody, Melody, Symphony (?)
 and another one?

So futuristic

1 Like

“Go ahead John”

Still answer the phone this way when my mate John phones. Need to get a way for his picture to come up on my phone with flashing eyes at the same time.

7 Likes

Space Precinct

0 voters

Well fancied Destiny

Blue Peter brought out a VHS of that it was so popular

Destiny! That was it. Pretty shit that they couldn’t come up with a fifth musical name though. Volume, or something. I dunno.

2 Likes