📺 How Good Was it Really?: Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds, Stingray etc) 📺

There was a bit in captain scarlet that I found hilarious where he was left on his own in the station thing, so cut loose by putting his feet up on the desk and listening to some sort of swing music. Then got really embarrassed when someone caught him.

What a dork.

2 Likes

that sequence used to scare the shit out of me when I was younger.

18 I was etc.

1 Like

Didn’t like the song at the end of Stingray AT ALL when I was little.

2 Likes

f8349a3c0b6a3f897ca2e6ed97030fce

5 Likes

Collecting the Thunderbirds toys by eating vast quantities of Shreddies is a great childhood memory, plus the 6 o’clock episode was the highlight of my day for a time in the early 90s. A 5 for Thunderbirds, 3 for Stingray and I don’t remember seeing the others.
2> 1> 4> 3> 5 for the machines.

Oh fuck yeah! Mariiiiiiiinaaaaaaaaaaa… Aqua Mariiiiiiiinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

4 Likes

Those occasional period touches are so funny now. There’s an extended sequence in the Thunderbirds film featuring a full set from a puppet Cliff Richard and the Shadows and it’s insane

6 Likes

Loved how cheerily upbeat they were while singing “they smash him, and his body may burn!”

I bet there’s loads of dead interesting Cold War paranoia angles to explore in this stuff as well (not that I have done any of it)

1 Like

Oh yeah forgot this was him

never seen an episode of any of them

probably never seen a single scene from an episode of any of them, but there must have been a bit on an advert or something that i’ve caught

She looked properly miserable too, freaked me out a bit.

1 Like

George Clooney looks good there

1 Like

I’ve got cherished childhood memories of these but I’m sure they’d all look shit if I watched them today. My friend made the Blue Peter Tracy Island and I was proper jealous. Thunderbirds was great but Captain Scarlet was the real banger. 4/5, 5/5, 2/5, 2/5 in that order

couldn’t name a single thunderbird for £1,000

GIVE ME MY INDY POINTS

1 Like

Actually I might mark it up a point just for all the bits where it cuts to real people’s hands doing stuff in close up. Remember the Christmas episode where they’re all on ropes trying to break into a vault? Properly tense. And lots of close up drilling.

1 Like

Fuck, how God damn cool were the ways they boarded the Thunderbirds. Standing next to a portrait of themselves and then it turning into a flume ride that launched them into their seat and that. So fucking ace.

6 Likes

JAPES DOESN’T KNOW ABOUT NUMBERS! WHAT A MORON!!!

1 Like
  • I made that blue peter tracy island
  • of course not

0 voters

Destiny