📺 How Good Was it Really?: Girls 📺

Thatcher

Also the bit with the Robyn song is a top top musical TV moment ever, just infedtious

3 Likes

Ah yeah.
Even the first time I watch it I remember thinking ‘hmmmm, not sure this is OK’

(it definitely wasn’t ok)

3 Likes

Not human.

3 Likes

boys get -1/5

sorry

3 Likes

Oh yeah totally this! I loved to hate her. Kinda like Janice in the Sopranos, I despised her on first watch, second watch I still hated her but loved her as a character. And I seem to remember liking the episode where Marnie leaves desi and ends up letting loose in the city a bit, meets her ex and ends up on the boat in central park… I dunno, it was a while ago, bit hazy now but seem to remember it being a really good episode.

I thought the longer it went on we weren’t meant to have any sympathy for Hannah either.

1 Like

Very generous tbh.

1 Like

See, I didn’t like that episode. It felt really formulaic, over the top cliched. Been done before so many times. Then it turns out he’s on heroin?! Fucking hell.

Oh btw where did Peep show come, or is it ongoing?

29 Peep Show 3.09

1 Like

Literally smashed that 1 so hard.

Yes, like most, I enjoyed the first season, and it was gratifying and reassuring to see someone just Not Care with regards to what they wore or did not wear.

However, the characters are AWFUL. Adam Driver’s especially. Not only this, but I think he looks like a dog’s bum.

The other girls (with the notable exception of Shosh but only just) are terrible human beings (in the show). Then it transpires some hold pretty appalling views outside the show too.

Yeah. Just a no.

Just remembered that in her book Lena Dunham admitted to (TW: sexual assault) molesting her sister when they were young. Jesus.

Think it’s about 4th on the comedy list. Joke has split the league tables by genre.

1 Like

Just remembered Marnie getting rimmed in the kitchen 5/5

3 Likes

Quite liked watching it at the time but have zero desire to revisit. Dunham seems awful in real life. 3/5

^ This was excruciating. Genuinely one of the most toe curling moments on TV in recent memory.

Enjoyed the first couple of seasons and there was still the odd gem episode in the last few. Was a struggle to care about the characters at the best of times though.

Not sure how I feel about Lena Dunham. Bit of a weird one.

2 Likes

First came out while i was working at the arts council, it was like watching work with american accents

Really wanted to like it but as it went on really disliked it. Adam Driver was kind of great though, just enjoyed how weird he was the first couple of series. Ray too was quite likeable. Maybe you’re supposed to hate all the main characters? I don’t know. That last episode was ridiculous.

I think i picked the one with the English accent as my favourite because I’ve met a lot of people exactly like her. Doesn’t mean I like her, just that it was the most accurately written character to me I guess.

I gave it a 2 as opposed to 1 because it could be quite watchable but not in the way it was intended. And yeah it’s responsible for Adam Driver who is fantastic in everything I’ve seen him in and seems to be genuinely a lovely guy too with his charity work and shunning of celebrity nonsense too.

well he was a marine

Gone with a 5. A few issues but honestly I think it was always immensely watchable and clever