📺 How Good Was it Really?: Kids Sci-Fi (Demon Headmaster, Animorphs, Alex Mack etc.) 📺

Nvm

2 Likes

I remember it being quite surreal and in a weird house. Nothing Else. I’m always surprised at how few series of these things there are. In my mind that ran for about 8 years.

1 Like

that’s childhood for you!

Used to live with Dina from Demon Headmaster. That’s all I’ve got

i forgot about the SPLAT acronym

1 Like

She was one of my first crushes

Hope you have some way of letting her know

1 Like

As a big fan of the books, I was very excited about the animorphs TV series. But they aired the second episode ahead of the first one by accident and had the colour contrast all wrong (everyone had ludicrously pink lips) which kind of killed it before it got going.

Also it was shit.

She is a good friend but I will not be passing this on, I’m sorry

2 Likes

The buttons in Aquila looked really satisfying.

3 Likes

1 Like

There was a ‘Demon Headmaster’ episode (and book) about wasps that shit me right up. Still think about it to this day.

My first crush was Melody from the queens nose.

2 Likes

Watt on Earth 5/5

Mysterious Cities of Gold, 6/5

3 Likes

Aquila was fucking boss

8 Likes

Just realised Watt was Conrad Keely in a shellsuit.

Animorphs was not good per se, but as the series that got me into reading you better believe I watched and enjoyed it all. Pretty decent acting from a kids show for the time period too iir - Cassie or Rachel were the best cast, Tobias was far too cool looking to be the proper outcast he was meant to be. Best thing about it was the intro theme though (could probably say this about ~60% of all shows ever, even the great ones?)

Had a big crush on the girl who played Alex Mack.

Queen’s Nose was good.

Bernard’s Watch - Bernard was a legend, what a power.

Demon Headmaster made me not trust Jack Straw, put me ahead of the curve on the rejecting New Labour front.

8 Likes

Used to love The Wilde House. Weird, fourth wall breaking, slightly surreal.

In a similar vibe:

1 Like

Disaster city!

1 Like

MIKE AND ANGELO

6 Likes