📺 How Good Was it Really?: Kids Sci-Fi (Demon Headmaster, Animorphs, Alex Mack etc.) 📺

How many votes should a show need to get to be featured in the league table?

• 20+

0 voters

Can’t decide, 10 seems kinda low. But then niche stuff is alright innit. Who knows.

we’ll go with 15 then (y)

what, this was so good

only 13 votes? consider me irked

yeah, I was misremembering when I agreed with @shyguy2013 by liking his post; Alex Mack was probs low-key my actual first crush.

I think the girl from The Queen’s Nose seemed more like a big sister type to me.

1 Like

holy shit! I remember literally nothing about this beyond a warm feeling of “yassss Mike and Angelo’s on!” and the theme tune

1 Like

this is the only one that I properly remember being 5/5, tbh

1 Like

Alright, we will actually go with the majority on this, 20 votes and you get a place on the league table.

Some decent showings but it’s clear that nothing has the heart of DiS like Wallace and Gromit does.

MISC
Rank Show Rating
1 Wallace and Gromit: The Wrong Trousers 4.75
2 Wallace and Gromit: A Close Shave 4.41
3 Wallace and Gromit: A Grand Day Out 4.25
4 The Queen’s Nose 4
5 The Demon Headmaster 3.71
6 Thunderbirds 3.64
7 My Parents are Aliens 3.63
8 The Secret World of Alex Mack 3.58
9 Wallace and Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death 3.56
10 Spongebob Squarepants 3.46
11 Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons 3.39
12 Stingray 3.3
13 Bernard’s Watch 3.1
14 The Jetsons 2.91
15 Joe 90 2.83
16 The Big Breakfast 2.66
17 The Sarah Jane Adventures 2.5
18 Animorphs 2.33
R Big Brother 1.97
R Celebrity Big Brother 1.82
R Big Brother Celebrity Hijack 1.21

This thread has been great. Loved a lot of these shows as a kid. Reminded me that I drunkenly met someone who was in The Demon Headmaster at a kerrang weekender at pontins (a kind of greebo ATP) and was starstruck then tried to chat her up. It did not go well. Never meet and then try to seduce your heroes.

I’m sure there was a fantasy series on around the same time, I want to say it was Ghormenghast but it definitely wasn’t. Very dark opening sequence with figures silhouetted in against red. Any ideas?

1 Like

It was Elidor, found it on a BFI article.