đŸ“ș How Good was it Really?: League of Gentlemen & Psychoville đŸ“ș

Loved LoG at the time and on rewatches in the mid/late 00’s. The 3rd series was so fucking dark. I loved it.

Best sketch: the cave tour guide “but I don’t know
 young boy like that
 whole life ahead of him
” so fucking good.

However, I suspect that a lot of it (Barbara, Mickey, probably others) are hugely problematic as characters if watched now.

Watched the first series of Psychoville (was there more than 1?) but never really got into it. Felt like a drawn out version of some of the weaker LoG stories.

Do your Tina.

I know it is far from right but one of the hardest I have ever laughed at something on the TV.

I think yer man @ericVI tries to take some of the credit for them.

4 Likes

Only saw it as a kid and never found it funny but did find it scary and fascinating. Probably shouldn’t have voted.

I went to Cheddar caves this summer and spent most of the time saying ‘in the darkness I hear his screams’.

6 Likes

I say this every time I’m offering someone a glass of orange juice, without fail

2 Likes

‘I won the mums’
‘I dont like that Bradley Pitts, too much acting’

Giggle at those two often.

Though the bab’s cabs stuff is really bad.

3 Likes

Cant really have an objective view of pville but basically feel that it was diminishibg returns all the way. Surprised that so many people like inside no. 9, seems pretty shite tbh.

Log 1 and 2 are good but if you’re seeing them for the first time they’ll seem dated as fuck.

1 Like

IT’S NOT CANNED!!!

1 Like

Wait i got pyschoville and inside no 9 mixed up.

Ive never seen pyschoville, deduct my score.

Just change your vote to a three, nice and neutral

only really good inside no. 9 episode was the first one cos it had tim key in it

1 Like

Nah, the 12 days of Christine is a genuine masterpiece of telly.

6 Likes

You don’t know how to play Go Johnny Go Go Go Go?

6 Likes

Most of them are good but a Quiet Night In and the Shakespeare hotel efforts are two of the worst things I have ever watched.

3 Likes

For standalone half hours they are pretty remarkably consistent. Only a handful of stinkers across 4 series

5 Likes

The Karaoke bar one was a bit shit as well.

1 Like

LOG christmas special was amazing as well

4 Likes
  • Shearsmith > Pemberton > Gattis
  • Pemberton > Shearsmith > Gattis
  • Gattis > Shearsmith > Pemberton
  • Gattis > Pemberton > Shearsmith
  • Pemberton > Gattis > Shearsmith
  • Shearsmith > Gattis > Pemberton

0 voters

I know it’s a minor thing but when they’re all putting cards down (‘Huit’,‘Ace in the hole’) and the Doc just makes a random noise (‘Taauun’) - does me every time.

3 Likes