📺 How Good Was it Really?: Lost (aka The Rolling Lost Thread) 📺

Tin Peaks and Mighty Bosh are on there. You are the only person that has watched/remembers Northern Exposure, no?

is it on netflix or one of those things? fuckin better be

oh yeah the massive surge of disappointment when you realised it was going to be a kate episode lol

Oi!!! ttf and grievoustim like it as well

1 Like

Best episodes: Locke
Worst episodes: Claire

3 Likes

Started brilliantly, and was like nothing else I’d really seen at the time. Obviously lost it’s way a bit with the whole not knowing what the fuck was going on, but it could still be really brilliant at times. Doubt I’d bother sticking with it now with the limitless options available, but there was bits around S4/5 (can’t remember exactly when tbh) when it was flashing back and forward which was properly gripping TV.

i’ve got some pretty strong takes about / for tin peaks i’m sure you’ll all be excited about / for

had NE dowloaded and ready to watch for about 5 years but never got around to it. reckon it’s well known enough though. this is more fun when it’s not really popular / beloved by DiS shows anyway imo

remember when you realised the first flash forward was actually a flash forward and not a flash back

what a fucking great show

shame all the flash forwards was when it became shit

4 Likes

The first season of Heroes was great, but once they’d kind of got the characters set up and their backgrounds in place it didn’t really know where to go with the story. Could have been awesome

2 Likes

Dont think i’ll open that thread tbh

i think they got unlucky with Eko as the actor just did a runner because he was awkward/wanted a film role

I have never seen this. Is 2019 the year of our lost?

Can always find the dvds down the chazza

“WE HAVE TO GO BACK!”

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Rewatched the episode immediately and then again that same evening. (I had watched the episode first thing in the morning initially)

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure everyone in Heroes S1 was supposed to die in the explosion and then the next series would be a bunch of other people discovering their powers, but it got so popular they kept on the original cast and completely lost its way as a result

Also if we’re talking about grand mythological setups that not only don’t pay off but completely shit the bed after season 3, may I present to you… Battlestar Galactica

1 Like

Such a great actor - genuinely terrifying in Oz

1 Like

haha - we watched all of BSG but the last three(?) episodes, just couldn’t face picking it up again

1 Like

I still get angry about BSG at least once a month. Actually more like weekly.

THERE ARE 12 CYLONS. THEY HAVE A PLAN

*writing team: lol we dunno, just making stuff up as we go :man_shrugging: *

1 Like

the Eko situation was all Adebisi’s fault in fairness, he screwed them over.

1 Like

Just remembered the bit where they manage to detonate the nuke by banging it with a stick

3 Likes