šŸ“ŗ How Good Was it Really?: Mad Men šŸ“ŗ

Fucking loved the Bob Benson stuff. Nobody knowing where he came from and that. Comedy gold.

3 Likes

pete campbell when he discovers whatā€™s going on with bob: ā€œiā€™veā€¦seen this beforeā€¦ā€

Trying and failing to find a gif of the drapers dog going for the neighbours pigeon

also we figured out that you can tell when don is wasted because that little lick of hair falls on his forehead, indicating heā€™s out of control :rofl:

sober:

drunk:

4 Likes
  • The scene of Don on the balcony shivering in the cold marking his drinking on his bottle :frowning:
  • Harry inventing a TV advertising department :smiley:
  • Ginsberg and the whole 2001 monolith bit :smile: / his ear though :cry:
  • ā€œDamn it Stan, the other couch is full of farts!ā€
  • This scene might be everything that the haters think Mad Men is all about but still ā€¦ itā€™s just cool af :sunglasses:
3 Likes

The bit when the receptionist dies and it goes full comedy farce for a few minutes.

1 Like

can we pour one out for our sweet boy ginsberg :cry:

3 Likes

there are moments in that show i laugh at more than many regular comedies tbh.

also i like how thereā€™s no grand sweeping, intricate plot. itā€™s just about people being at work and living their lives. sometimes they fuck up and sometimes they succeed. but it just so happens that one guy committed identity theft and earth shaking history is happening in the world outside.

also i love the running joke that nobody likes harry

2 Likes

christ this is going to be my smashing pumpkins thread isnā€™t it

1 Like

ā€œShe died how she lived. Answering other peopleā€™s phonesā€

6 Likes

once they figured out how to write rogerā€™s character properly in season 2 he runs away with every scene.

ā€œcongratulations. i didnā€™t think you had it in you. and i mean that.ā€

3 Likes

God damn I gotta speed up my rewatch now, this is reminding me of so so many good storylines.

Also @AQOS youā€™re doing these too fast man, I can barely keep up :frowning: So many mostly positive opinions to give! (Also are Bojack and Black Books on the list?)

1 Like

This is a very good summary of why I love it.

3 Likes

Rogerā€™s LSD orgy vs. Donā€™s worldā€™s saddest threesome

5 Likes

The fivest of fives

The JFK assassination scene is utterly perfect

4 Likes

ā€œI have bad news and I have good newsā€
ā€œDon fired Jaguar!ā€
ā€œOh. In that case I only have good newsā€

4 Likes

Probably would be Sally actually - best arc for a child in any (non school-based) show ever? She was a genuinely good actor for the whole thing, was never a stereotype, was messed up by her parents but not in a way that made her unwatchable or irritating. You could just see how sheā€™d be better than them and also the ways in which sheā€™d probably carry her issues onwards to affect her own children.

Her star gazing scene was beautiful frankly.

4 Likes

i love his first LSD trip too, with the opera blaring out of the wine bottle

2 Likes

Really canā€™t be overstated how much they hit the jackpot in casting Kiernan Shipka, especially when compared to the 4 different Bobbies they got through.

3 Likes

Bobby 2 is underrated donā€™t @ me