šŸ“ŗ How Good Was it Really?: Mr. Bean šŸ“ŗ

First up, how did Lost do in the previous thread?

Show Rating
Breaking Bad 4.01
Fawlty Towers 3.89
The X-Files 3.19
Malcolm in the Middles 3.18
Only Fools and Horses 2.94
Lost 2.39
Goodnight Sweetheart 2.11

Straight into the relegation zone.

Today we will be talking about Mr. Bean, the worldwide hit starring Rowan Atkinson. How good was it really? Is it actually a bit offensive? Is it timeless? Lets find out.

FUN TRIVIA

* Arthur Batchelor, one of the Royal Navy captives held by Iran during the 2007 Iranian seizure of Royal Navy personnel, stated that some of his captors had mocked him calling him ā€œMr. Beanā€.[53]

0 voters

• 1 is bad. 5 is good.

If this isnā€™t the worst rated programme there is something wrong with this site.

11 Likes

I didnā€™t watch this at the time because why would you but have had to sit through it all with my then five year old. PAIN

Turkey on the head scene tho.

I feel like spoilering the league table in the OP hasnā€™t hidden Lostā€™s ranking as well as Iā€™d hoped.

1 Like

Malcolm in the Middle is now the median and the closest to the mean.

2 Likes

Lost 2.39? Is this some kind of sick fucking joke?

4 Likes

I held a Pret door open for Rowan Atkinson and it is now my go-to anecdote that I use to impress asian people. Asian people canā€™t get enough Mr Bean and they freak out when they know Iā€™ve ā€˜metā€™ him.

1 Like

The early episodes are still worth watching I think. I watch the first half of the Christmas episode every year - love the bits with the nativity and the Salvation Army, but never liked the turkey on the head in this or in Friends. You could probably distill all the good bits over the characterā€™s lifetime into about 45 minutes though.

1 Like

Well I am shocked B-man. Good old Mr Bean is classic non offensive comedy that can be appreciated by all.

Am surprised quite how low Lostā€™s average is and how high Breaking Badā€™s is

Coming soon!

Agent Dale Cooper Mr. Bean Pop vinyl!!

1 Like

The bit where he pops marmite on real twigs and serves them as twiglets is funny.

5 Likes
  • Mr Bean is an alien
  • Mr Bean is a human

0 voters

Wouldnā€™t ever watch it again, but there will be some solid moments of comedy in there (probably amongst a lot of tedious stuff). Canā€™t think of anything specific, mind you.

is Mr. Beanā€™s ā€œhe fell through the barā€ scene

3 Likes

An image of Mr. Bean grinning mischievously has been used as an internet meme for highlighting sexual double entendres, usually accompanied by the statement ā€œIf you know what I mean.ā€

Weā€™ve been doing it wrongā€¦

1 Like

the one where he is hiding meat around the table in the restaurant :smiley:
and the tea in the hot water bottle :smiley:

the later the series went he turned a bit mean though :confused:

1 Like
  • I could do that thing where he puts swimming trunks on by swapping them with his pants and not removing his trousers
  • I could not do that thing where he puts swimming trunks on by swapping them with his pants and not removing his trousers

0 voters

1 Like