📺 How Good Was it Really?: Reeves & Mortimer 📺

Also love the sheer chaos of their early interviews

3 Likes

Yes! The Chris Rea bath-egg story properly had me in tears of laughter the first time I saw it.

1 Like

yeah it’s perfect, real genius at work

I remember them on Going Live. They wanted Kiri Te Kanawa to sing along to Love Me Do, but she wasn’t having any of it.

Love em. Catterick is the best

2 Likes

Never really got Vic and Bob. They’re comedy always felt a bit outdated to me. Maybe I’m just too young for it :woman_shrugging:

2/5

1 Like

South African stories? :hushed:

2 Likes

Gotta love 'em!

2 Likes

Did anyone else here watch Hebburn?

The first series was wonderful, and made me cry.

4 Likes

Any story he likes - I just like hearing him ramble on.

The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer was almost perfect TV. Big Night Out too.

Some of the others are a little patchy. Shooting Stars really should have wound up years before it did. Bang Bang was a load of tripe.

I think Bob’s a lot funnier on his own whereas Vic’s funnier when they’re together. Odd that.

This might be the funniest thing in the world ever

6 Likes

It was a real wee gem.

Their avant-garde instrumental cover version of Brimful of Asha is still one of the funniest things I’ve seen.

5 Likes

Whilst I agree, the high points of Shooting Stars are still some of my favourite ever funny things.

(name a celebrity with a part of the body in their name)
“or for four points you could have had Tony Hancock”

6 Likes

DISAGREE

Loved the Angelos years

2 Likes

Smell of and House of both 5/5 for me

4s for the rest that I’ve seen.

Looking forward to Bob and Paul’s super nice fishing show season 2.

2 Likes
6 Likes

I think this made me laugh more than anything I’ve ever seen on TV. I was nearly starting to suffocate. Watching it again it’s not even THAT funny. Just me being a daft easily-amused youngster I guess.

1 Like
16 Likes

Bob Mortimer seems like a funny and nice man

The sillier it is the less it impresses me though, I think I’m a bit too clever for a lot of it