Lost 2.39
Goodnight Sweetheart 2.11

Today we will be talking about THE BIG BREAKFAST

SINGING WAKEY WAKEY WAKEY RISE AND SHINE
THE BIG BREAKFAST IS THE ONLY WAY TO DINE
IT’S YOUR NUMBER ONE BIG BREAKIE
SO GET IT DOWN YOUR NECKIE
AND STICK WITH US FROM 7 UNTIL 9

Zig and Zag! Waaaayne Hemingway! Trevor Bayliss! Denise van Outen! Vanessa Feltz! Streaky Bacon! The Bigger Breakfast during the school holidays!

But was it any good?

0 voters

1 Like

Never watched it.

I don’t have time to watch telly in the morning. Any time that can be spent watching telly in the morning is time that could have been spent in bed.

It did seem like a good bit of tv though.

It was always sort of on in the background so hard to pass objective comment on it. It’d be like writing a review of a rolling news channel.

1 Like

Used to love it. Very big part of my younger years. Those mental games they used to play; ‘More Tea Vicar’ etc! Brilliant. I’d probably watch about 10 minutes of it now and find it’s aged horribly but I don’t really care.

4 Likes

Loved it. Had a day off work to watch the last ever episode and almost shed a tear.

Slightly sullied by the news about The Carpet Monster a few years back…

3 Likes

Lockkeepers Cottages
Old Ford Lock
LONDON E3 2NNNNNNNNNNAAHHHH

3 Likes

Can only really remember it from the point of view of fancying Kelly Brook and enjoying the appearances of Mark Bright

2 Likes

Remember it pretty fondly, remember my parents and us kids all laughing it. Don’t remember the Paula Yates era, it’s Jonny Vaughan and Denise / Jonny and Liza Tarbuck I remember.

Mike “Squeaky” McClean on the doorstep was always good value. Lots of funny bits I remember, like going to some commuter town and offering people a luxury limo commute, if they played musical chairs to win it, and these people in suits absolutely trying to fuck each other up.

didn’t know about Carpet Monster :frowning:

More tea vicar! Yes.

Also their headline reviews gave me my appreciation for a good pun.

1 Like

Pretty grim…

how are you already running out of shows to do?

3 Likes

“Woman In a Tabard!”

2 Likes

random thing from it that for some reason I remember is tre cool from green day telling denise van outen that she had an immaculate fanny

1 Like

Egg On Your Face, that was another one.

2 Likes

It went through several eras, all pretty different, but when it was good, it was great.

Whatever happened to Ben The Boffin? He was probably a DiSer.

My memories of it are sort of sad.

Recall pre-accident Christopher Reeve on the bed talking about stuff including trying to make Superman V.

Recall Paula Yates and how much I enjoyed her on the show too.

Zig and Zag were great and Evans and Roslin were so good on screen.

First time I heard Blur was them playing the There’s No Other Way video

I’ve just remembered that they played my suggestions! You could write in with 2 songs they should play and I did and they did it! Beetlebum and Ready Or Not by The Fugees fwiw.

1 Like

The show was fucking carnage – the most insane 90s post-Britpop mess every single morning and I absolutely loved it. Most of the quizzes, sections and ideas they had were almost certainly scribbled on the back of a napkin in the pub.

Have fond memories of staying up late to watch the one they did to see in the Millennium too.

2 Likes