The Big Breakfast 2.66
Angel 2.55
Skins 2.46
Lost 2.39
Goodnight Sweetheart 2.11

Today… The Mighty Boosh!

This one could be divisive.

0 voters

BONUS POLL: Please only vote if you’ve actually seen it, regardless of how shit you thought it was.

Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy

0 voters

Best core character

• Vince
  • Howard
  • Bollo
  • Naboo
  • Bob Fossil

0 voters

Really enjoyed it when it was on, bought and watched the DVDs a few times. I don’t really have any need or desire to watch it again now. I can see why people would love it and why they’d hate it. Given it a 3. Not sure if I’ve got any more to add really!

1 Like

Hated it. Zany wacky “so random” bollocks.

And Buffy deserved better.

2 Likes

Best recurring character

• Dennis
  • Saboo
  • Tony Harrison
  • Kirk
  • Dixon Bainbridge
  • Lestor Corncrake
  • Rudi van DiSarzio
  • The Hitcher
  • The Moon
  • Leroy
  • Tommy
  • The Spirit of Jazz/Howlin’ Jimmy Jefferson
  • Old Gregg
  • Mrs Gideon

0 voters

Best episode?

• Tundra
  • The Legend of Old Gregg
  • The Nightmare of Milky Joe
  • Hitcher
  • Incorrect Opinion

0 voters

I absolutely despise The Mighty Boosh. Hated it then, hate it now and still utterly resent the few years where my friends would quote tediously unfunny lines at each other. :tired_face:

7 Likes

I adored it when it was on. Proper hero worship. I joined a fan club and everything.

Have rewatched it over the years since and my enjoyment has diminished each time. Rewatched recently and it was fine, there’s some very, very good moments and episodes, but some of it is awful. Most of season 3 is unwatchable.

The Moon is still great.

4 Likes

Never watched it because it looked shite. Absolutely everyone I went to uni with was really into it for the first 3 months or so of first year, took some effort to stick to my principals and not watch it but I weathered that storm. I haven’t seen it and therefore haven’t voted but I fucking hate it anyway.

2 Likes
1 Like

Rewatched recently and still think it’s great. Obvs a few bits feel a bit off now (as is true for much of comedy from the past) but still tickles my funnybone in a very unique way.

Also (and I know many of you hate him) there’s just something very infectious about how much fun Noel is clearly having on set.

7 Likes

I enjoyed it at the time. Not going to find it funny now or detest it really, think I’d be left with a mild smirk at some bits

3 Likes

quite liked the idea of it and some bits were funny. would like it a lot more if noel fielding wasn’t so extra

It was at its peak at the perfect time for me to be an insufferable wanker who could get into it (just as I was going to university), so the whole nu-rave bullshit was cat nip to me. I saw the live show at the Cambridge Corn Exchange and arrived late and they called us out from the stage and everything.

But I watched the first two seasons with my wife recently who’d never seen it and I don’t think it’s held up very well. There’s a core of classic odd-couple comedy in it, and Fielding and Barratt are very charming together, but too much of it is throwaway stupidity designed to be shouted in a playground. Also, they really liked doing blackface.

Easy to forget that they black up for an episode. Mad how things have changed in 10 years.

1 Like

More than once if you count the Spirit of Jazz

1 Like

I saw the live show in Leicester AND met Serge from Kasabian there and got his autograph

soak that up, indie boys

1 Like

Yeah, per @hip_young_gunslinger that really stands out now in a way which is very :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah, I found that episode very uncomfortable on our recent re-watch.

1 Like