📺 How Good was it Really?: The Office (UK and US) 📺

The ratings for League of Gentlemen and Psychoville are in, and we can now officially declare that Psychoville is better than OFAH, and TLOG is beitter than The X-Files. Suck it up, bitches.

Show Rating
Breaking Bad 4.01
Fawlty Towers 3.89
The League of Gentlemen 3.64
The X-Files 3.19
Malcolm in the Middle 3.18
Psychoville 3.01
Mr. Bean 2.94
Only Fools and Horses 2.94
Lost 2.39
Goodnight Sweetheart 2.11

TODAY:

The UK Office. The US Office. Which is better? Are they both good? (yes)

Vote away.

The Office UK

0 voters

The Office US

0 voters

Me when asked about these threads:

1 Like

A genuine gamechanger. Gervais being a complete prick shouldn’t cloud the fact that it is one of the funniest shows ever made and it’s format was genuinely revolutionary

34 Likes

I watched the first season of the US Office when it came out, and hated it. Left it on the shelf for years, but eventually came back to it and LOVED it. Rating both a 5, I think at their best both are some of the best comedies to have graced our screens.

PS. I hate Gervais.

1 Like

The way they ended the Christmas special was PERFECT. The Tim/Dawn love story was absolutely superbly handled throughout too.

17 Likes
  • David Brent
  • Michael Scott

0 voters

I only watched the first four seasons of The Office US, I heard it went downhill after that, is that right?

• Jim Halpert
  • Tim from The Office

0 voters

Think it’s good up until 7 iirc. The last few are traumatic.

1 Like

Fanbase for the US office seems poisonous and full of terrible people which is why I have not watched it

2 Likes
  • Pam Beesly
  • Dawn Tinsley

0 voters

David Brent telling Finch ‘Why don’t you just fuck off?’ is one of the best TV lines ever

13 Likes
  • Gareth Keenan
  • Dwight Schrute

0 voters

Rewatched the UK one a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely hated it, didn’t think it was overly funny and iffy with its humour.

The us one is nice

3 Likes

Never got into the US version but the original is a definite 5 for me. Just not an ounce of flab on it. Revisited it a couple of years ago expecting it to have aged badly in the wake of Gervais outing himself as a bellend but it’s still really great

1 Like

Jim in The Office USA clearly should have stayed with Rashida Jones

• Keith
  • Kevin

0 voters

• Finchy
  • Todd Packer

0 voters

Season 6 for me, so you’ve got at least one good series left