📺 How Good was it Really?: The Office (UK and US) 📺

Absolutely could imagine this.

Absolutely could not imagine this.

1 Like

Really cringey TV in an absolutely unintentional way. Making me feel weird just thinking about it.

1 Like

Doesn’t help that it’s a parody of a corny song from Rent, which I imagine people barely realised then, let alone now that Rent’s one of those forgotten 90s phenomena

Yeah, I had absolutely no idea about that!

Really? I’ve never seen Rent but I knew the reference for sure, Rent was massive.

Can’t believe Ellie Kemper is being cancelled for stuff the paranoid conspiracy podcast community was chatting about years ago.

1 Like

This thread on the Veiled Prophet stuff is worth reading

Like I said, old news

1 Like

misread this as Walliams

1 Like

Find Wallace really believable for some reason. Same as Neil and Jennifer in the UK version, they have really management auras.

3 Likes

Andy Buckley was a stockbroker before becoming an actor, and I think continued working as one until about season 3 which might explain that a bit.

2 Likes

I had no idea! Great nugget but explains so much

1 Like

Office Ladies, The Office Oral History and Office Deep Dive podcasts are great for this kind of stuff.

Feel like I only just finished a full rewatch, should really put off another one…

I always say that then get suckered in again. Far worse things to be doing with your time.

3 Likes

Just got to the episode where they are all trying out the different types of coffees.

Cut to Stanley, on a caffeine high, eyes wide open, huge grin on his face “Oh, so this is what 2 o’clock in the afternoon looks like”.

Buckled! Absolutely buckled!

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a weird little arc, like they weren’t quite sure how to have her try and get revenge.

1 Like

Pam’s relationship with Michael changes after he comes to her art show though and they are shown to have a friendly relationship under everything. Also, Dwight is in love with Angela pretty much from the first season and I don’t think he gets over her as much as their story just gets put on the back burner while she’s married to the senator. Dwight and Jim are also shown to have had a love/hate relationship for years (photos of them dressed up to go on sales calls etc) and Dwight has always been friendly and affectionate towards Pam, more so than he is to anyone else (when he has concussion, feeding the baby, making her his secret assistant).

The final two episodes are really good imo and seek to wipe the 8th season from everyone’s memory, which is a good thing.

4 Likes

One of the best lines in the whole thing is
“Pam you’re my best friend, but you married my worst enemy”
“I know”

The way she says ‘I know’ is absolutely perfect.

20 years since The Office first aired

2 Likes