šŸ“ŗ How Good Was it Really: The Sopranos šŸ“ŗ

I hope this means the film opens with

Tony dead on the floor of the diner, record scratch, voiceover: ā€œYou might be wondering how I got hereā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Shit, heā€™s right!

4 Likes

Enjoyed this, weird film though. Some really good cinematography stuff. Thought Ray the otter did some pretty good acting and canā€™t remember thinking that in his other films but I guess itā€™s easier if you play two secret identical brother for no particular reason.

Didnā€™t realise that Pauline, Silvio and Pussy are like 10 years older than Tony watching the series

Like the Artie cameo.

Vera Farmiga did a very good Livia, feel that would have been a unique role to cover and liked the junior stuff.

Up to Season 4 of the rewatch. Forgot Robot Wars is in it commentating on Robot Wars :grinning:

2 Likes

Hold up

Iā€™m getting to season 4 and I need to see whatever this means

Craig Charles!?!

Jonathan Pierce

3 Likes

The word ā€˜spoilerā€™ never carried such power.

1 Like

Just imagining Manches expecting to see Craig Charles munching on some gabagool in Satrialeā€™s and hearing JP instead

3 Likes

Imagine his joy when itā€™s Phillipa Forrester

Weird film, absolutely doesnā€™t exist.

Felt like all the ingredients were there but theyā€™d been cooked in the wrong order or something. Some really good stuff surrounded by some astonishingly bad stuff. Weird.

3 Likes

Keep thinking about how they went to great lengths to get the look and period detail right only to smash some completely awful cgi over the top of it. The fire in the garage was completely hilarious.

3 Likes

Think most my thoughts are covered but yeah Christopjer voice over felt unneccesary.

I enjoyed it though. Exists/10

1 Like

Silvioā€™s hair pre hairpiece looks like his head had been half in the toilet. Disgusting.

4 Likes

Really hoping this is the Silvio ā€œDisgustingā€.

1 Like

Found it confusing that Silvio looked about 40 years old in the film, which would make him 70 by the time the Sopranos starts.

1 Like

donā€™t think they nailed silvio or paulie tbh, and itā€™s around all that stuff that you just start to feel like ah this is a fan service movie, i see

1 Like

is Dickie whacked by Junior because they know he killed his Dad or what?

have you seen it?

Yes For laughing when he falls?

yeah i think it was more of an honour/saving face thing. kind of a callback to the whole junior going down on his girlfriend debacle. donā€™t think junior had any way of knowing about his dad, did he?

if there was more to it than that, i didnā€™t pick up on it

1 Like