📺 How Good Was it Really: The Sopranos 📺

Did Ralphie kill Pie-Oh-My?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Shocked to learn people hate the Christopher Columbus episode, the opening alone is hilarious

It’s fine by itself, but it’s a bit like all the characters have taken a holiday to another TV show, it doesn’t really feel like it fits.

Got two episodes to go on my rewatch, forgot just how relentlessly brutal the final 4/5 episodes got.

Meanwhile, this is from today:

2 Likes

And I’m done with the rewatch. What a show, skyscraping television.

2 Likes

Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this

7 Likes
6 Likes

Think if there was one scene I would say is the best in the entire series, it’s this.

5 Likes
1 Like

This, Richie and Janice’s last scene, or Christopher’s intervention. Probably this - just entirely stunning performances from both of them. So so well written as well, they know each other well enough to hit the target with every single shot - the backwards and forwards between attack and defence and revenge and spite across the five minutes contains more drama than most series manage in their entire run. Just perfect.

2 Likes

It’s a shame in a way how much oxygen the final scene of the series takes up, because the second-last scene, with Tony and Junior, is stunning.

“You don’t know who I am, do you? You remember Johnny? Johnny Boy, your kid brother? This thing of ours.”
“I was involved with that?”
“You and my dad, you two ran North Jersey.”
“We did?”
“Yeah.”
“Hm. That’s nice.”

8 Likes

That scene feels like the stakes are so high, because you just know that there’s decades of stuff they’ve been waiting to throw in each other’s face and only the veneer of the marriage has stopped them. Feels like the most dangerous scene in the series in a lot of ways.

1 Like

nearing the end of s4 and i’m finding it harder to binge on rewatch than i expected, it’s a depressing show to begin with but somehow feels much more miserable when you know what’s coming. still brilliant though. s2 is definitely the peak so far

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AMerrillSmith1

this guy is brilliant

1 Like

just started my 3rd rewatch and I’d forgotten how funny it is, this scene with Tony and Mikey from the second episode is amazing

3 Likes

I’m on my third rewatch too. God its’ good and some really fantastic humour too.

2 Likes

Midway through. It is both funnier and bleaker than I remembered.

4 Likes

This clip came up in my recommended. Tony is a real scary bastard

• Vito planned to kill Finn
  • Vito planned to come to an understanding with Finn
  • Vito planned to seduce Finn

0 voters

Need more than 1 option here

1 Like