The X-Files 3.19
Malcolm in the Middles 3.18
Psychoville 3.01
Mr. Bean 2.94
Only Fools and Horses 2.94
Lost 2.39
Goodnight Sweetheart 2.11

A-HA!

This Time we’ll be discussing all things Partridge.

We’ve had a few Partridge threads recently but they’ve only had fans posting, so we’ll throw this open to possible dissenting voices.

Knowing Me, Knowing You:

0 voters

I’m Alan Partridge:

0 voters

Mid Morning Matters:

0 voters

single greatest comedy character i’ve ever seen

17 Likes

Yep. Not always the best shows, but the best character

7 Likes

IAP and MMM get 5 stars from me.

KM,KY never quite worked for me (and I might feel the same about This Time, I’m not sure yet). 3 stars for that but I have no plans to ever re-watch it, whereas I’ll re-watch IAP and MMM til the cows come home.

IAP>KMKY>>>>MMM

8 Likes

SHENANIGANS!

11 Likes

I watched the second episode of this time last night with the tv, she said “this is shite” but wanted to watch one of the old ones because she’d never really seen any before. She watched three or four in a row and laughed loads. I thought that this would be a useful addition to the dis records.

6 Likes

This. Found Mid Morning Matters to be all over the place - some episodes had enough ideas to make a feature length episode and gave them no space to breathe, others felt devoid of very much at all.

lol whoops. Seinfeld is second (it shouldn’t be but it is)

3 Likes

only watched a couple and thought it was shite

tim key can fuck off

3 Likes

Probably the most fully realised comic character of all time. IAP (both series) is a masterful sitcoms, KMKY is less to my taste but still good, and MMM was very decent.

1 Like

if people vote for seinfeld over i’m alan partridge i’m going to lose my cool

actually, how are you doing this jook? are you going to put them all in individually or give an average score or what?

7 Likes

i said this in other thread but IAP captures something so futile and painful about living in the UK in the late 20th/early 21st century. not to get too pseud about a sitcom like, but as much as i laugh at it there’s also something desperately real about a middling celebrity being so bored in his post-divorce travel lodge he takes a walk along a motorway to buy a dozen bottle of windshield cleaning fluid.

20 Likes

6 Likes

In a way, we are all Alan

5 Likes

Even if people are a bit cold on the BBC show (wrongly), the fact he is still funny and doing stuff after all these years is amazing

2 Likes

IAP is one of the greatest comedy series of all time. Absolutely brilliant, hysterical-laughter inducing funny. Timeless. KMKY was really good in places, there are bits of absolute genius, but I think it suffered from being a bit samey and following a pattern. The Christmas one is fucking great. MMM never really grabbed me, I agree about the format, it all seemed a bit forced I think.

1 Like

“What’s this little sink, here?”
“That’s a rinser.”
“Get rid of it.”

15 Likes