📺 How Good was it Really?: The Wire 📺

That second photo is incredible.

3 Likes

Lansman is such a good underated character

This comment underneath killed me

3 Likes
2 Likes

Started season five. Three episodes in. Is this all a big joke?

2 Likes

Last season is a bit daft.

1 Like

This McNulty plotline is beyond parody.

1 Like

i hate it. the newspaper stuff isn’t great either. writers shouldn’t be allowed to write about writing imo, always turns out a self indulgent mess

I watched it getting on for 10 years ago.

Must be honest and was struggling with the first 2 episodes… then that scene where the televisions come out of the windows… was hooked from then onwards and definitely a televisual classic.

1 Like

It’s hard to end a classic television show.

Look at Eldorado.

1 Like

Just finished season five. That was mostly daft with some good bits. I enjoyed the intricacies around the Stanfield case in the last few episodes but the McNulty storyline really felt like a joke. ?/10.

2 Likes

This is pretty much the same for me. Started it around the time the 5th season came out and watched the first two episodes of season 1 and thought “is this it?”. But then that third episode happened and I was all in. Binged it all up until the last 5 or so episodes of season 5 and stopped binging as I realised there wasn’t going to be any more episodes haha

1 Like

The Wire is probably my favourite TV show of all time. I’ve watched it all the way through a good 7 or 8 times. I’m a season 5 apologist too.

Not many serious drama shows can be really be comfort TV, but The Wire is just that for me. I don’t know why, it’s just such an easy rewatch.

4 Likes

Yep, the televisions coming out of the window is the real start of something very special.

Reports that Michael K Williams has died.

God, what an awful loss

Seemingly confirmed. Really sad. Only 54 years old.

Sickener

Truly gutted. A genuinely superb actor that featured in two of my favourite shows ever.

RIP

2 Likes

Probably the best written character in the history of television and they couldn’t have found a better actor for him. :frowning:

1 Like

Started my third (?) rewatch. It’s so so good

8 Likes