đź“ş How Good Was it Really: Wallace and Gromit đź“ş

Don’t have the league table to hand it’s on my work computer, soz

WALLACE AND GROMIT!

Sure they’re short films but they were on TV so I feel like it’s fair to discuss them here.

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

and finally just for fun, it won’t be counted towards the league table because of course it is a feature film and therefore not eligible, and we want to keep this thing rigid and scientific, but…

0 voters

Feel like my whole worldview was twisted slightly by how great The Wrong Trousers was. The bit where he puts the glove on his head to become a chicken.

29 Likes

the penguin cracks me up like nothing else

6 Likes

btw full disclosure, have given 5/5 to everything in this thread

29 Likes

Same. Absolute perfect animation, comedy and stories. Could watch them on repeat forever and remain happy.

9 Likes

First two are about the most solid-gold 5/5s you could ever find imho. Unless you just don’t like stop motion then everything about them is perfection. I probably use “Cheeeeese Gromit!” more than any other catchphrase.

4/5 to everything else as they just don’t have the same emotional impact for me, but they’re obviously much better than most 4/5 things.

7 Likes

could probably use the same reasoning for everything post Wrong Trousers but nah, 5s all round, it is wonderful

honestly one of the best scenes in cinema history

36 Likes

I gave the first one a 4/5 because the less refined animation irritates me at times.

1 Like

It’s a good thing you left the country frankly

11 Likes

If he’d had one poll for it all it would have been 5 but this is like marking individual Wire seasons.

1 Like

Yeah this is one of those things where it almost makes me want to cry thinking about how perfect it is. There’s a select handful of songs, books, episodes etc that do that to me and this is absolutely at the top of that pile. It’s not sad at all, it’s just … being faced with something as joyous and complete and well rounded as this I think want to laugh and applaud and cry and hug people and jkhkfspo

9 Likes

different things though aren’t they, gotta separate them

1 Like

yes! great post. i don’t even think it is wrapped up in nostalgia, it’s just that good.

Wensleydale?

1 Like

I think it’s fine to do that I’m just trying not to make a mockery of the process by, say, giving Ware Rabbit a 4 out of 5 because of some weird emotional bollocks, but sticking to hard objective stuff in my marking, @JaguarPirate

1 Like