⚽️ How Good Was This Footballer Really ⚽️ #16 Zinedine Zidane

10/10 footballer, 10/10 fashion sense

1 Like

nope, it takes a lot of practice and co-ordination of your limbs and your eyes to get the timings and techniques right

and although most pros have decent touch these days, the sorts of touches Zidane did were on another level

5 Likes

reckon that’s the one bit of football I’d probably be good at

1 Like

I think the key thing is - like in many a pursuit - to be relaxed

especially helpful when you don’t want the ball to just ping off you, though

1 Like

yeah that’s one thing from these clips, Mr Zidane looks very relaxed

1 Like

Oh it’s a 10 from me btw. My favourite kind of player and an absolute joy to watch, plus the headbutt, obviously.

It’s the thing the most gifted players make look the easiest perhaps…

4 Likes

thanks mate

1 Like

I’ve heard from some that there’s a bit of revisionism with Zidane - that he was inconsistent and didn’t always dominate games like you’d think, given his ability.

I didn’t take notice of him when he was playing at Juve. Was great whenever I saw him play for France or Real Madrid - graceful and elegant to watch for sure.

I can’t decide my rating…

1 Like

Probably had more iconic moments than any player apart from Maradona.

I was able to see him play three times, including the Hampden final. Phenomenal ball control and appreciation of space.

Perhaps a lack of motivation could explain his seeming lack of interest in the lesser games? I can remember him basically being a passenger in a lot of league matches which is obviously such a stark contrast to the heights he reached. Also, he got sent off a lot, almost all of them for violent conduct.

I dunno… probably an 8.5. When are we doing Iniesta? I’d be interested to see how people compare them.

He was often plonked on the left of midfield, because he didn’t exactly work hard. TBF that happened to Scholesy too, so y’know.

Not sure tbh, did say that we’d only do retired players but the main part of his career is over really and it would be an interesting one. In summary: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

One of my favourite non-City players of all time, and I gave him a ten, but he was very inconsistant at club level, there’s no two ways about it.

Dunno, sort of feels rude to judge a player like Zidane on stats, but in his first four seasons at Juventus he had five league assists.

I don’t know if he was vintage Zidane in Italy, might be wrong. Know he won a Ballon d’Or there, but I wonder what people who watched him week in week out thought about the his impact on games.

10 for this alone

Absolutely. This and paying to a team mate. You’d be surprised how many professionals still can’t do it properly!

1 Like

This was a beautiful watch.

1 Like

So beautiful it’s been posted twice itt

Le Volloi.

1 Like

There it is

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve been to a lot of live games but I saw Zidane play a few times for France & Juve and from the stands his ability was just mesmerising. I don’t think it’s possible to capture it properly on tv. Just his touch and ability to create space from nowhere. Only player on the same pitch I saw who came close was Thuram, every other player just looked like they were from a division below.