⚽️ How Good Was This Footballer Really ⚽️ #3 Robbie Fowler

Good choice for today @anon19035908. Liking this series.

1 Like

it was tidy but I still prefer #5

well obviously but was Teddy Sheringham really a better strike partner?

The success that Shearer & Owen had as a strike partnership surely proves that a Shearer-Fowler pairing could have been deadly

reckon there must have been some behind the scenes issues

The thing is, at any time there are probably a whole host of attacking players in the world who are better footballers than any fullback. That’s more or less why those guys are playing fullback, isn’t it.

2 Likes

For the way England played under Venables, Sheringham and Shearer worked much better than Fowler and Shearer would have done.

Shearer and Owen never really worked as a partnership, imho.

Obviously can’t be sensible about this guy so will not vote

Let’s all remember that he’s got a property empire and does how to be a slumlord seminars

5 Likes

Used to live round the corner from me during his brief time at Cardiff. Very nice house.

Yup. Local hero…

Andrew ‘Andy’ Cole was also better than Fowler. Probably Wright, too.

3 Likes

Gone for a 5. Assuming all of the footballers in this scale are going to be pretty good so want to give myself wiggle room. No affection for the man whatsoever, scored lots of goals but not for a huge amount of time and didn’t do much else on the pitch. Didn’t win much

2 Likes

The Andy Cole thread should be good IMO

1 Like

Never heard of him

Oh yeah, sorry. Andrew Cole

1 Like

Should be Outstanding*

2 Likes

Ridiculous opinion

1 Like

Ngl that nose band used to irritate me

1 Like

Rubbish at Leeds

(Because of his pop single Oustanding)

2 Likes

How many marks are we all knocking off for his unfit waster years at City?

Hopefully not, looking for some real anomalies to start appearing on the leaderboard as this goes on.