⚽️ How Good Was This Footballer Really ⚽️ #5 Ronaldinho

Another reason to deduct points.

Easily in the convo of GOAT, no idea how you wouldn’t rate him a ten

2 Likes

Completely unique player

2 Likes

not a footballer, more of a juggler/magician type

could never understand how he did half the things he did

I think wherever you rate Ronaldinho says more about you, or your view of footballer, than it does about him.

That’s not really a dig at whichever side of the argument you fall on, just an observation on how footballers can be viewed.

He’s the kind of player I’d personally would want to see week in week out, but would be less effective than a team full of Lee Cattermoles.

1 Like

A team full of Cattermoles wouldn’t touch the ball versus a team full of Ronaldinhos!

1 Like

10 for me. He was a freak of the game. I’ve never seen anyone else with his style of play and at his peak he was so far ahead of any player on the planet. As mentioned above, he played in a unique manner which nobody else has been able to emulate. He brought joy and wonder to the game and I was lucky enough to see him play live at Camp Nou. It’s a shame he only maintained his elite level for those 5 years or so but it’s clear that Ronaldinho seemed to lose his appetite for the game and his body shape and fitness didn’t suit his game as he went into his thirties. I love him and, as mentiined above, United losing out on him - when his signing was so close - was a huge blow to both the club and the league.

3 Likes

There would be a LOT of red cards for sure

10/10 for me, he just made it all look so easy

It’s got to be a 10.

Heading towards the end of the Messi/Ronaldo era, it’s easy to forget how good some of the players who peaked just before them were. As cheesy as it is to say, Ronaldinho made me fall in love with football. Outrageously gifted and a joy to behold during my first few years as a football fan.

1 Like

Lee Cattermole has never made a single thing on a football pitch look easy, not even breaking human men in half.

Oh, I see wh-

I’ll thank you for not taking the piss out of my Year 10 GCSE coursework…

1 Like

Always awkward to know you’ve been muted by someone

1 Like

Few things in sports generally are as glorious as watching someone being that bloody good when they’re clearly having a fucking great time

1 Like

Rated him a 10. Pure art in football. Saw him play circa 2004 for Barcelona at home to Atletico Bilbao with some mates for a stag do. Kliuvert scored for Barcelona, I went to get a hot dog and Atletico equalised, finished 1-1 but when Ronaldinho was on the ball the atmosphere in the stadium (what a stadium by the way) was pure electric. He did some incredible runs and dribbles. Lovely to have seen him play.

Morning bump.

Morning bump, I’m Ronaldeenio

2 Likes

Doesn’t work ^

Blimey!

1. Not as good as Cantona