⚽️ How Good Was This Footballer Really ⚽️ #7 Andrea Pirlo

What’s Carlton Palmer done to make people dislike him?

Not as good as gattuso by any metric.

6?

Controlling a 50 yard ball over your shoulder, faking a shot and rounding one of the best keepers in the world in the same touch. Filth

4 Likes

Man it’s just so sexy :heart_eyes:

He was just seen to be a bit of a joke within the media in the 90s but regularly played for England. Not sure why. I liked him!

10/10 for Magical Kicks alone

2 Likes

came here to slate him but now everyone else has so i feel like defending him

A very sexy man.

Definitely think the kickback against the Pirlo “cult” has gone a little far here.

He definitely needed the team to be built around him in order to work, but does that mean he wasn’t world class?

1 Like

I think the thing is that football is still essentially entertainment and people are bound to choose the ones they associate with good memories rather than stats/achievements

2 Likes

I’ve gone for a seven as he wasn’t as good as most of the list so far bar Fowler who he was a fair bit better than.

Before anyone makes any rash decisions here…

Better than Shearer.

1 Like

is that supposed to big him up?

looks like a diser taken on a wine tour he doesn’t want to go on

that plaid shirt ffs

8 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

Reckon it would be fun to be Pirlo. Make sure you have two other players in midfield to do all your running for you, get the ball off the defence, hoof it up to the big man (or wide man) for 90 minutes, get called an understated genius.

1 Like

You sure you’re not thinking of Granit Xhaka?

Very strange that 15 years worth of Juve, Milan and Italy managers failed to notice that Andrea Pirlo is actually a bit shit, where here on community.drownedinsound.com we’ve got him sussed

5 Likes

That’s why our tagline is “The Forum For Football Experts - Only UEFA coaching badge holders allowed”.

Also think that Milan team of 2003-07ish often gets overlooked in the best teams of the last 20-30 years chats.

Won 2, should really have won 3 champos. And did it all without wingers and with Dida in net who I’m still convinced was utter garbage. Ridiculous line up tbh

12 Likes