How Good Were They Really: Music Edition

Hello! With Juke’s kind permission, I’m going to start a How Good… league for bands and artists. Will probably do the first one tomorrow morning so please post any suggestions here for who we can discuss. Or tell me you’re not interested and it’s a terrible idea if you like. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

How about Radiohead

5 Likes

I have opinions about music.

In fact, most of my opinions are about music.

3 Likes

Who?

Was considering that for the first one, just for lolz

2 Likes

It’s a good idea

1 Like

I’ll vote

a very good idea indeed…

In.

Is this like the tv one where it was shows that had finished, in that the selections can only be artists who are no longer releasing music for whatever reason?

1 Like

Would it be easier to do individual albums?

Good point, but that might make it a bit trickier so I think we’ll do any artists but on their entire canon up to that point. I think it’s ok, unlike TV there’s no complete overriding narrative arc or whatever to consider I guess.

1 Like

This is DiS, I’m sure we can come up with some bands where this is applicable :wink:

3 Likes

I thought about that, but there are a fair few acts that people might not be familiar with albums as much as singles or whatever. Abba are the example that spring to mind. It’d be nice to consider all genres and that.

1 Like

Should probably just get the obvious 5.0 from everyone on Neil Young out of the way first…

7 Likes

Oh you sweet naive newborn baby.

2 Likes

hendrix is a solid B+ artist

That would be incorrect sir.

3 Likes

Are we going to incorporate all genres of music here? Reckon there could be a lot albums/maybe artists we aren’t to familiar with and would like to discover/hear more of.

Not really listened to much that a majority of other dissers will have listened to. Will probably have something to say about The National though.

Yeah open to anything. Obviously will try and keep to things more than a handful of people know to get an accurate vote. All suggestions welcome.

1 Like