How have these forums impacted your life?

The Guardian are looking for your stories. Which will you submit?

2 Likes

Just posted a long rambling thing about the journey from joining this place as a lonely, anxiety ridden student to a slightly less anxiety ridden adult who’s releasing music and starting a business and how both are only possible because of my time on here. Not entirely sure it’s what they’re after tbh but it felt nice to document it.

20 Likes

Reddit, Flickr, IGN
Myspace, Tumblr, 4Chan
Slashdot
LiveBlog,
Online Radio

Twitter, Weibo, ICQ
UseNet, Facebook, Yahoo Groups
Something Awful, Soundcloud
Bebo, Friendster, DrownedinSound

We didn’t start the :fire:

11 Likes

How different is your experience on DiS to all of those platforms? What could DiS do better going forwards?

Used to have sex a lot more.

8 Likes

Slices Of Apple With Jam On

9 Likes

Met some total GBOL babes who I catch up with 2/3 times a year and they’re top top eggs. Love DiS.

This almost sounds like they gave you crabs or something.

1 Like

The first time I tried to MEAT anyone from here, they all decided not to go for different reasons but because my phone was out of battery and I’d already left, I didn’t know until I returned home.

Good Bunch of Lads.

9 Likes

I found a long lost branch of my family through this forum (s/o Ruffdawg) along with meeting a GBOL and releasing music on a real life record label!

1 Like

probably some ‘impact’ this week

I wouldn’t have tasted a calypso bomb were it not for DiS.

3 Likes

I now keep my tins upside down.

Thanks Bamos
Thamos.

11 Likes

Well first it made me into a jumped-up little snobby indie bellend and probably set me back 5 years socially

Then DiS 2.0 has been very very helpful for my MH, thanks MH thread, selfies thread etc.

Don’t wanna be in the guardian though ta

5 Likes

Discovered Chvrches thanks to Wishpig

3 Likes

Welll… :eyes:

1 Like

Without DiS

Ace

With DiS

10 Likes

I did have a slightly blue dream after reading something on here, once.

2 Likes

Without DiS I’d never have thrown up in a skip.

12 Likes

Don’t be so harsh on yourself.