How have these forums impacted your life?

Used to have sex a lot more.

8 Likes

Slices Of Apple With Jam On

9 Likes

Met some total GBOL babes who I catch up with 2/3 times a year and they’re top top eggs. Love DiS.

This almost sounds like they gave you crabs or something.

1 Like

The first time I tried to MEAT anyone from here, they all decided not to go for different reasons but because my phone was out of battery and I’d already left, I didn’t know until I returned home.

Good Bunch of Lads.

9 Likes

I found a long lost branch of my family through this forum (s/o Ruffdawg) along with meeting a GBOL and releasing music on a real life record label!

1 Like

probably some ‘impact’ this week

I wouldn’t have tasted a calypso bomb were it not for DiS.

3 Likes

I now keep my tins upside down.

Thanks Bamos
Thamos.

11 Likes

Well first it made me into a jumped-up little snobby indie bellend and probably set me back 5 years socially

Then DiS 2.0 has been very very helpful for my MH, thanks MH thread, selfies thread etc.

Don’t wanna be in the guardian though ta

5 Likes

Discovered Chvrches thanks to Wishpig

3 Likes

Welll… :eyes:

1 Like

Without DiS

Ace

With DiS

10 Likes

I did have a slightly blue dream after reading something on here, once.

2 Likes

Without DiS I’d never have thrown up in a skip.

12 Likes

Don’t be so harsh on yourself.

It’s true though, I don’t think I’d ever have had the chutzpah to do it.

1 Like

i moved To Manchester in late 2008 and knew nobody. A couple of MEATS later / going along to the beloved-of-DiSers Underachievers please try harder nights, and I had some great friends. I also broadened my musical horizons hugely during this time.

After that, music has been less of an influence, but in January 2011 I met my bf at Zonino at he Windmill (although we didn’t get together until later the following year). We now have a child together and a pretty happy life and I’m really glad :hugs:

14 Likes

:+1: lots of good discoveries, advice and instant company when you need it

:-1: often eats up a lot of my time

5 Likes
1 Like