How helpful do you find ratings?

Score ratings out of 5

0 voters
1 Like

The thing is ratings are usually made by the most boring bastards on earth and I dont trust their opinion.

2 Likes

Love it when you’re looking at something on Amazon or wherever and there are 1 star reviews like ‘turned up without batteries’ or ‘the delivery man dropped it and it broke’ completely unrelated to how good the thing actually is.

22 Likes

Quite often I’ll find I read a review and then the rating seems like it took none of the preceeding opinion into account. Arbitrary numbers that gamify art.

1 Like

5/5 opinion

2 Likes

1* HOW DO I LOGIN

5 Likes

1 star review of a hotel because their flight was 3 hours late or something.

2 Likes

With movies its fucking horrendous. 1000 people gave this 4.5 stars, 29 people gave this other film 2 stars, but maybe thats because it doesnt star The Rock, now ill never decide.

3 Likes

This was good, did everything I needed it to
:star:

Don’t know, haven’t used it as I bought it as a gift
:star::star::star::star::star:

24 Likes

Even if they’re mostly nonsense it’s better than having to make decisions with nothing to go on. 3 stars.

2 Likes

Marginally more helpful than ranking things in lists, as if everything’s a competition

Shots fired at the Music board.

1 Like

https://x.com/amznmovierevws/status/1284168233621360640?s=46&t=_DgZ2F-XDEissjd_g6iXaw

Sad this account stopped updating

13 Likes

Depends on what’s being rated but usually people only rate stuff they either really like or really hate so I don’t think you ever get a truly representative view.

1 Like

Only tend to leave reviews if something was bad so guess I’m part of the problem.

5/5 looks nice but haven’t used it yet

So what would be your top 3 ways of evaluating matters of opinion?

1 Like

I would just like to take this chance to let you all know that product reviews have very recently been launched on my work website. If you have sampled and enjoyed our wares then chuck 5 stars my way please.

2 Likes

I still have a 5* Uber rating ofc :nail_care:

4 Likes

ratings are useful at a glance if that is all the time you have, but often bear no more scrutiny.

I would therefore probably rate them about midway on any rating scale.

edit - god im boring

fuck your ratings and fuck your laws. live laugh love