How important to you is Greggs?

No indie points on offer this week, pal.

1 Like

No need to, they have a drive through now (in Manchester, of course)

1 Like

Northern shite.

Link to pdf of nutritional info, including the all-important regional variations: https://admin.greggs.co.uk/assets/Uploads/September-Nutrition-2017.pdf

Never driven a car

:wink:

No point in trying to bag triple points if @bugduv’s not awarding them today.

1 Like

Stopped in at the George Square branch for a cheeky sausage roll on my way to Uni one morning in the early nineties and who should I see browsing the fresh offerings but that completely frazzled guy who was in Mercury Rev for the first two albums but never seemed to contribute much to the live sound (In fact it was doubtful if his guitar was ever plugged in), but made an interesting visual component.

I said hi and that I’d enjoyed the gig the night before. He looked at me searchingly for a good ten seconds before settling on: “Hey! Thanks man.” and returning to his contemplation of the steak bakes.

1 Like

1/10

Only ever use 'em as an emergency hot sausage roll if I’ve bonked on a ride and can wheel my bike in the front door. Probably 3 times a year. Used to like a steak bake when I worked next door to one though, no idea how I didn’t put on a stone or two.

I miss the Baker’s Oven. Better sausage rolls.

Steak Bake is good but I rarely go in.

its a bit shit tbh

absolutely perfect hangover food.

cheap. quick. greasy. sugary. and there’s always one pretty close.

Massively important, their chicken bake pasty is a huge influence on my current sound.

Don’t get them in Cornwall, but I used to love the Mexican Chicken baguettes when I lived in Manchester. Don’t eat chicken anymore though so, I guess I have no reason to ever visit one.

Shite. Percy Ingle ftw tbh tbf…

percy

Beats the traditional cigarette afterwards I guess…

4 Likes

love their peanut butter doughnuts (and yep, I go here waaaay more often that Greggs, they’re pretty much next to each other in Catford)

1 Like

Walk past one of these on bethnal green rd quite often, never ventured in…

Even The Guardian agree that Percy’s is way better than Greggs…

Gives Greggs the win by default, tbh