How irritable are you?

In everyday life, on balance, how quick are you to get angry or annoyed or whatever about things? How calmly can you react to annoying stuff happening?

• Chill like a fridge. Never really get irritated by anything.
  • Takes quite a lot to get me riled up but it can happen on occasion
  • Mediocre
  • Not full-on rage but I can get irked pretty swiftly
  • Basically a rage-machine at this point, quite lucky not to have killed someone yet.

0 voters

don’t think i’ve ever been irritated in my life, have voted accordingly

I can get easily irritated, something I inherited from my mother dearest. Generally I’m able to have a word with myself though and keep a lid on it…

1 Like

Quick to be irritated, don’t think I ever ‘lose it’ though. Just go in a sulk

2 Likes

Get very easily irritated but it never manifests in rage towards others - all internal. Although hard to separate ‘irritated’ and ‘rage’ from autistic triggers and meltdowns.

6 Likes

Get wound up by things at work rather easily, other things not so much. Pretty quick to calm down though once I’ve thought about it for a bit.

nah really not an emotion I feel all that much, find it relatively easy to let (low level) irritating behaviours slide without doing much more than muttering for a minute inside my head

do find headphones in public pretty essential though, without them im sure my rage/cringe levels would be several notches higher on the regular

depends

1 Like

I answered in the context of it being one minute past 12 and someone decides to keep a meeting going.

1 Like

Depends on how much physical discomfort I’m in at the time

Very irritable when my shoulder pain’s flaring up

1 Like

what had the sandwich done to provoke you?

fully justified imo

4 Likes

Absolutely depends.

Don’t get irritated in general ways but with ND related things i do…if I’m crowded, if i cant understand something, or i cant see a way to do a thing. Not sure that’s actually irritable though as its almost always anger with myself.

Think for a while i thought i was quite irritable but now i understand myself better i don’t think “oh this guy walking in front of me is so annoying” I know its more like this guy is dawdling and if he stops I’ll feel crowded and i wont like that so now i just try to remove myself before i even start to anticipate that sort of thing. Does mean i often have to stop and stand to one side in the street to let people past me but I’m not annoyed when I’m doing it, just making my life nicer in small ways :blush:

6 Likes

Off the scale. Never rude or aggressive, but someone can open a packet of crisps forty feet away and I’d gladly see them walked off the edge of the earth. Just permanently in a rage and hypersensitive to everything. People think I’m dead placid and chilled out but inside I’m a burning pit of anger.

2 Likes

Think I maintain a steady enough rate of complaining/moaning that the pressure never builds up enough to actually being irritated

dunno.
:person_shrugging:

1 Like

An area of my personality I have improved massively in the last three or four years to be fair to me (aside from after bad football results on the telly in which case leave me alone plz)

Do you get irritable when hungry (hangry)

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

Do you get irritable when you’ve just woken up?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

do you get irritiable when you’re tired?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

What fucking sort of question is that? Jesus Christ!

11 Likes

Very.

1 Like