How light do you pack for your hols?

Told someone your bike helmet on a plane story the other day and we both laughed for a solid minute. Thank you again for that wonderful gift.

2 Likes

I take the approach that many people apply to pants and socks, but apply the same logic to literally everything. Yes I’ll definitely get so dirty I’ll get through a full bottle of shower gel, I’ll definitely ruin at least one pair of shoes, I’ll definitely read a book despite the fact that I never read books, and the temperature will definitely fluctuate between 5 and 35 degrees even though it’s forecasting 20 degrees all week.

It’s not helped now that I need to sleep on a giant foam triangle (heartburn pillow), so next time I go away that’ll be sitting in the back seat of my car like an extra passenger.

1 Like

Double that amount of knickers as there are days in case I shit myself every day, of course

2 Likes

A lot of my logistical planning revolves around my assumed incontinence

• Yes
  • No
  • Oh god it’s happened again

0 voters

Even if you’re assuming you’ll have multiple code browns on a holiday (which a lot of people seem to be doing for whatever reason), I’m surprised how many people seem to be going to holiday destinations completely bereft of underwear shops.

7 Likes

Is it even a holiday if you don’t shite yourself at least thrice?

5 Likes

Would generally take the same amount of stuff for 1 week or 4. The only sticking point is if I also need to take cycling gear, snowboard breeks or a kilt.

Interesting to note the way that paying extra for Easyjet plus/speedy boarding used to be a wanker’s paradise and now it’s mostly just folk who’ve figured out it’s cheaper than hold luggage and it’ll probably arrive at the same time as you.

1 Like

Coolio stuck in my head now

2 Likes

I travel in the nude with nothing on me and just buy anything I need when I reach my destination

10 Likes

If i’m doing my usual trip to or from the UK from Spain then I check a gigantic case in for smuggling goods - mainly tea, custard and gravy powder, tins of soup, naan bread etc, for my grandparents, and jamon, cheese, spices, wine, cigarettes etc into the UK.

if i’m actually going on holiday somewhere, a rucksack with some spare clothes.

3 Likes

Used to strive for hand luggage only but someone close to me often takes a day outfit and a night outfit for every day of the holiday so it’s no longer worth trying. Usually manage one 23kg bag between two and bits and bobs of hand luggage for most week-long holidays. Really annoys me how you can’t tell how much a flight is going to be until you add bags. Even non-tiny cabin bags are extra on most budget airlines now.

I can do hand luggage if it’s a work trip. Have done 2 weeks in America like this, especially with hotel laundry available.

1 Like

Light as possible. Will do a laundry load every couple days rather than taking more clothes

Richard Madeley takes fuck all

3 Likes

Each holiday I’ve been on this year, I’ve packed a couple of pairs of trousers, shirts and bunch t shirt. Worn nowt but shorts and vests.

I like to get to the airport as early as possible so I can get started on the shitting myself early doors. Start as I mean to go on.

3 Likes

Lost it at this.

Only ever take trips where I can survive on hand luggage nowadays. Absolutely cannot be arsed paying for or waiting for additional luggage.

Pretty regimental about packing. A pair of socks per day and one spare, same for boxers and t-shirts, two pairs of shorts, one spare pair of jeans or chinos, one spare jumper, some sort of space-saving backup footwear like plimsolls.

It’s weird that we have a mental block to laundry on holiday really. There’s almost always a washing machine nearby, and it just takes a few minutes to load and unload, but I always convince myself it’s some sort of unnecessary hardship.

3 Likes

pack as late as possible

that said, should say it’s been a loooong time since I was on a holiday for any longer than like a three-day weekend at the most

Doesn’t get any better. Just for B for 4 nights…

• Umbrella style Pram
  • Carry backpack
  • Travel cot and mattress plus 2 sheets
  • 10 day outfits
  • 2 sleep bags
  • 2 swimming outfits
  • Nappies and wipes
  • Changing bag

Plus the assorted crap they need like toys and books ect

Our car was packed to the brim when you add I’d stuff and ours. Can’t wait until he sleeps in a bed and can walk instead of a pram.