How long before you have to leave the house for work do you get up?

Good thread yeah?

• 0 - 15 mins
  • 15 - 30 mins
  • 30 - 45 mins
  • 45 mins - 1 hour
  • 1 hour +

0 voters

21 minutes on average I would say if you are looking for more accuracy.

Alarm goes off sometime between 6:30-7, usually out 8:30-8:45.

If I go for a run (rare) first alarm is at 6, second at 6:20.

I have left the house within an hour of my alarm going off. Half an hour of that is faffing around on my phone in bed before actually getting up though.

Increased since becoming a parent. If I want to have a coffee, a listen to the news and a dump in peace then it’s 2 hours.

3 Likes

Usually up at 6.15, out the door at 8.

I can obviously do it in much less than that, but I’ve found having the extra pottering* time makes everything much more relaxed.

*pooing

Clock Radio Alarm is set to 6.30. I normally leave the house at 7.35 / 7.40.

Sometimes there is a small human alarm which means I get up before the clock radio goes off.

Depends.

I can get up, have breakfast, poo, shower, get dressed and walk out the door within 45 minutes if I have to, but on a workday I like to make my lunch and catch up with twitter and the news before I head out, so that adds about half an hour to my time.

put clothes on, brush teeth, make a cup of tea and go. ~10 minutes, dependant on poo scheduling.

Five minutes.

1 Like

Get up, brush teeth, wash face, get dressed, out the door and in the car

2 Likes

Ever had to do a poo in a layby?

3 Likes

Shower
Brush teeth
Get dressed
Make lunch
Fuck off

Up at 7 and out the door by 7:20.

Too many times

1 Like

I would argue that once is too many.

Speaking from experience?

Fear, really.

1 Like

Up by 7, feed the cat, shower, breakfast, teeth, gone. Reckon I’ve gone long enough in here without mentioning that I wake up without the aid of an alarm because I’m a goddamn medical marvel.

Wake up at 9:17, get out of bed at 9:26, spend 2.65 minutes sorting out my fold-up bicycle, ride to work in 8.75 minutes, arrive 83 seconds before my 5-hour 43-minute shift starts.

1 Like

45-50
15 minute shower
15 minutes stumbling around getting dressed in the cold
15-20 minutes miscellanelous / pooing