How long have you been in your current job?

Me: One year and six (6) days.

How long was your longest stint somewhere?

Me: Two (2) years.

Am reviewing CVs at the moment and some people have been in their job for like eight (8) years. Is this impressive or unimaginative? I don’t really care either way tbh.

Chat away.

3 years 2 months

This is my longest stint.

Someone just left my work who had been here for about 35 years.
What the actual.

Current role: 2 years 6 months (give or take a few days), although 4 years and 5 days with the firm.

Longest stint: 8 years 1 month. Man, should have gotten out of that a LOT sooner. Sunk into a degree of comfort even though the role was totally dead-end. Felt like a huge risk trying to get off somewhere else.

Too long baby…

Eleven months.

1 week and 5 days. Still being shown the ropes.

oh yeah i just remembered in one of my old jobs there were HUGE financial incentives to staying a lifetime, so a bunch of people had been there like 20 - 30 years. fucking insane, but they must have been RAKING it in.

Just over 6 months currently.
Longest is 5 1/2 years, just kind of happened.

Longest in one role was 4 years, longest in one company was 6 years.

I’ve been in my current role for 10 months, and current company for 1.5 years.

Nearly 6 years I guess.

But in this organisation for nearly 14.

Yeesh.

This is my 10th year at this school. Best school food I’ve ever found; I’ll be here til they take me out in a box.

• 0-1 year
  • 1-2 years
  • 2-3 years
  • 3-4 years
  • 4-5 years
  • 5-6 years
  • 6-7 years
  • 7-8 years
  • 8-9 years
  • 9-10 years
  • 10+ years

0 voters

Three and a half years.

I was at my last place for nine years, but that was across four different teams/offices, so it never really felt like I was treading water.

2.5 years contracting for the same company. Keep thinking I’d like to look at other jobs that are a bit more stable but I’m a bit short on transferable skills (I can type fast and accurately, organise my time and do research, anyone got any jobs?).

Thirteen years. By far the longest I’ve ever worked anywhere (next highest was 4). Still got another seven before I can realistically jack it in.

A little over three years now.

Longest was four years, at the old place. It felt longer.

I don’t have any plans to move on, but who knows what could change in the future. There are a fair few people who have been here for decades.

Three years… just over two months.

Was somewhere for just over five years which is my longest.

Didn’t know you used to work as a gardener

since about quarter past nine LOL

I’ve had plenty of joe-jobs; nothing I’d call a career. Let me put it this way: I have an extensive collection of nametags and hairnets.

In January I will start my fifth job in 9 years. Longest ever stint is about 4 years, but I think I’ll be in the next job for a while. I’ve changed jobs a lot for progression to get to where I’m about to be, so I won’t need to move jobs anymore which is good.