How many clothes does a human REALLY need?

threads
clobber
9coatcunt

lots of 9 coat cunts in the other thread - which is a frankly ridiculous amount of coats I reckon

imo - you only really need

coat - 3 (one winter, one summer, one rain)

jean/trouser - 5 (three leisure, two work/formal)

jumper - 5 (ranging from light merino to full on lambswool knit)

t-shirt - 5 (wear them til they’re dead, buy another five)

shirt - 6 (three formal/work, three leisure)

not gonna bother with socks and pants.

I had a big clear out of my wardrobe at the start of the year, very satisfying, so much shit I just never wore. Less is definitely more.

Coat: 1
Jacker: 1
Jean/Trouser: 1 jean, 1 other, 2 work (if you need work trousers)
Jumper: 3
T-Shirt: 5
Shirt: 3 casual, 5 work (if you need work shirts)

Have a great time on your next beach holiday

Number of clothes I need >>> number of clothes I really need.

For instance, I could quite easily wear the work shirt and trousers I’m wearing right now on a weekend. I just choose not to.

People lying about having loads of clothes on here is downright weird. Nobody’s got nine coats. People don’t have loads of pairs of shoes either.

There’s a weird overlap of these deviants and people who pretend they don’t have sugar in their tea, and people who pretend you spell whisky with an ‘e’…and people who lie about making their own soup. Absolute sociopaths.

I was doing a kind of konmari thing and got rid of everything! And now we’re really skint so I’m having to wear fancy dresses to work and because I have no normal clothes to wear and can’t afford to buy any. It’s quite good to be forced to wear these things

I reckon 2 of every trouser type is optimum. I own:

2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of chinos, 2 pairs of black trousers, 2 pairs of trackies (for domestic use only).

I do however own 3 pairs of smart shorts and 3 pairs of swimming shorts even though days on holiday + hot summer days <<<<<<<<<< days where long legwear is required

i have too many clothes, buy most of them 2nd hand though don’t i
don’t think you need more than 2 pairs of trousers really

Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me.

At my last count I had nine (9) cycling caps. Nine.

I also have about 20 pairs of shoes.

loads of shoes are fine, niki. should have stipulated that in the OP, shouldn’t I

Marie Kondo changed my life.

No idea whether for the better. But I’ve sure got less stuff.

people who buy all their clothes new should be ashamed of themselves

I think Iv’e gone toooooooo minimalist though and now I start to develop a tic at the first sign of clutter which asking for trouble with a toddler around

this reminds me, must buy some new clothes, and brand new clothes, none of this second hand shit.
;);):wink:

I have over 100 dresses. I love dresses but it really is a bit much.

where do you get yours? eBay? Tha’s ok but I find the stuff in charity shops looks really shabby

fucking hell, that’s a lot of dresses :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve got about a dozen T-shirts + polo shirts and always think I don’t rotate them enough.

I have probably got too many clothes. Had a sort out earlier this year and filled three bin liners for the charity shop, and still have loads. Part of this is due to the fact that I’m the same weight as I was when I was 18 so have never had to change size and get rid of stuff which adds up over time.

Also have quite a lot of football, snowboarding and cycling kit…