How many interviews did you have for your current job?

• 0 (Nepotism/Tory option)
  • Dunno

0 voters

this job is the most I’ve ever had (3) - but to be fair the 2nd 2 were very informal

For your biggest/most formal interview for your current job, how many people interviewed you?

• 5+

0 voters

I actually think they forgot to interview me. Just a couple of quick calls and I was in.

I’ve had a five person interview panel before. Luckily it was four Oxford graduates and a Cambridge graduate and they were all basically the same person, so it was easy enough to get a rapport going.

I did once get a job via an informal chat with the managing director and production manager in a pub one lunch time. They knew I was capable. My CV and recommendation made that obvious. That just had to decide whether or not they could put up with seeing me every day.

Which Cabinet position do you currently hold?

This is pretty much every interview panel I’ve had to deal with for the last 15 years.

Two, but the second was very informal and I’m 99% sure I was the only person they had back for a 2nd interview.

Current job was
1st interview - 1 person
2nd interview - 3 people WHERE I HAD TO DO A PRESENTATION
3rd interview - 2 people

1. Most ever was 3 for what was a terribly paid and awful job.

Do you have to interview other people regularly/semi-regularly?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

What was the format of the interview(s) for your current job?

• Usual bullshit questions
  • Aptitude test
  • Presentation
  • HR or personality-type test
  • Swimsuit round
  • Round of golf
  • Just gave them daddy’s phone number

0 voters

trying to figure out who the two people who’ve applied are. i know who one of them is coz i told her to apply, but not the other one (its an internal role). hmmmmm

As a contractor, rarely have to jump through many hoops. For current role, I turned up for an interview on the Wednesday and they said at the interview that I could have the job so long as I could start on the Friday as that was the incumbent’s last day and they wanted to ensure there was a handover. Said handover was 3 hours so I’m not sure how much value I got from it tbh tbf. Was supposed to be going to see Alien Covenant that Friday too - not sure if missing that was actually a blessing or not :thinking:

For a previous role, turned up to what I though was an interview and they photographed me for a proper lanyard pass which seemed a but excessive and then showed me to a desk. Turns out they just decided from my CV that I was fine for the role and they just wanted me to start that day. Was a bit weird tbh tbf…

I wrote my name and address on a scrap of paper and handed it to the admin person. I was expecting an application form in the post. Instead, I got a letter telling me to start on this day at this location.

This was for a school caretaker over uni summer hols. No checks. No interviews. Different now.

The last bit to your post is chilling :smiley:

I had an interview a few months ago that had a five person panel. We were all sat around a massive round table and they all clustered on one side and I was on the other. It was for a political party and three of them were elected officials.

I generally feel uncomfortable in interviews but this was next level. I didn’t get it.

Other: Talking through my portfolio.