How many teeth are you missing?

teeth
gums
rotten
stumps
methmouth

anonymous, for obvious reasons. clarification - if you have a broken down tooth that is less than 50% of its original size, then that is classed as missing

• 15+

0 voters

missing tooth chat welcome

how many am i meant to have

4 of my teeth were removed when I had a brace fitted because my mouth was overcrowded – nowt to do with rotting

there are no firm rules man. 32 is standard, but other numbers around this are not uncommon

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

oh, please take into consideration wisdom teeth

My upper left canine is still a milk tooth, because the adult tooth was laying horizontal in the gum and had to be removed, so I guess my answer is 1, although I have the correct number of teeth in total now.

(wisdom teeth have all started to come through but are all impacted)

Sigh, I recently got adult braces. I had two removed beforehand, it was grrrrimbles.

Had the same thing done, because there was never any hope of my wisdom teeth fitting. My teeth are still straight and not had any trouble with the wisdom teeth, but instead have broken the same molar on each side as apparently they didn’t align the teeth right when I had the brace.

Can someone do a sub thread poll about wisdom teeth being in/out/awol? Bit of a faff on mobile

got a pin and crown which is basically a fake tooth and an absolutely massive filling

had to get back one taken out cos wisdom tooth was pushing it out quite painfully.

got another back one that’s undergoing the same thing and looks like it’s starting to go a bit black, i haven’t bothered getting it removed yet cos it doesn’t really hurt, but i really should.

got a few too many fillings though. teeth are a load of balls aren’t they? good argument against intelligent design, that. imagine god giving us some food chewing machinery that rot due to the ingredients of food.

genetics have a lot to do with it, man. my mum has quite poor teeth unfortunately and despite all my best intentions, I feel my destiny is to lose a few more teeth over the coming years.

overcrowding is a big issue too innit. teeth constantly fighting for their optimum spot in the mouth = weak gums = tooth loss

joy!

i have put 0 but i haven’t got wisdom teeth yet so in a way it’s 4

0 but I’ve had on and off wisdom tooth problems for ages, hoping within the next year I’ll at least lose one of the bastards.

Had two wisdom teeth removed earlier in the year. Broke my front (upper) tooth falling off my bike when I was a kid. Getting the wisdom teeth removed was fucking horrible.

Two pulled at the top due to overcrowding and incisor with a humongous root that was growing at a perpendicular angle to the rest of my incisors. I kept that one after they pulled it. Still have it at my parents’ house.

Had two pulled for my brace as my incisors were being pushed too far forward.

just remembered the time some posh cunt told me it would be embarrassing to have a filling

I know a lot of it’s genetic but I wish I’d had bossy parents who didn’t let me eat so many sweeties. also things like bulemia and other medical conditions. basically there’s such a thing as dental privilege.