How many...?

Heh. Not out their glass, but if you poured a separate sip. (Hi stocktake!)

Might ask mum if I can cover a shift at her pub this week and take notes.

:beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers:

the question is not the hypothetical maximum number of sips you could eek out of a pint, I figured it was the average number of times the glass will touch your lips

We will never understand how this brain works will we

3 Likes

A sip is a small mouthful.
Taking a drink of your pint is a normal mouthful.

It’s pretty simple.

I am actually interested to find out how many, so if you could that would be great

How many loose courgettes are there in a fully stocked large supermarket display/shelf, including those potentially stacked underneath the mini-crates at the top?[poll public=true]

• 1-10
  • 11-20
  • 21-30
  • 31-40
  • 41-50
  • 51-60
  • 61-70
  • 70+
    [/poll]

2 Likes

Sounds like completely death will await you.

1 Like

I agree with Theo.

1 Like

I’d be tempted to reverse that order to some extent.

Sometimes find the first one hard work, but subsequent pints seem to get easier and easier. Especially if you’re talking Guinness.

Depends. Popchips = about 10

but what the fuck do you think the question is? no one drinks a pint in little baby mouthfuls

sip does usually mean a small drink, but in the context of the question it clearly means a regular drink in this instance

1 Like

Some people nurse a pint.

Do we agree this is the hierarchy of drinking volume?

sup
taste
sip
quaff
mouthful
gulp
chug

a sup and a sip are the same thing and are both less than a taste

1 Like

A sup is more than a sip.

2 Likes

I assumed the question was theoretical. Like if I asked how many eggcups of water would take to fill a bath you’d have to be weird to assume I therefore habitually fill my bath via eggcups.

update??

First pint 10 to 15, 2nd probably 10ish everything after 1 of 2

need to include swig tbh