How messy is your desk?

Desk sitch

• sit at the same desk every day
  • hot desk/various desks/depends
  • not on deskbook mate
  • iā€™m a self-facilitating media node

0 voters

Mate if you had an understanding of the absolute shambles that is our air-con system you would be in full favour of the fan

Well I guess it is Thursday

2 Likes

Same desk, but I work from a different office one day a week / fortnight, and WFH one day a week / fortnight.

Pretty sure the Double Cross is a Kama Sutra classic.

1 Like

Other: I get my assistant to bring in a different desk each day to the same office.

thanks for the info!

1 Like

Canā€™t quite make it out, but I think it says: ā€œThursday: Purchase feeble public access cable show and exploit itā€

2 Likes

pint glass for the teetotaler.

1 Like

Heā€™s such a pint-of-soft-drink type

2 Likes

pint of orange squash please mate, cheers

what happened with your (desk)job ruffdog?

how is your monitor not too high?

1 Like

They rang me last night to say there was no more work. I couldā€™ve told them that, I was essentially stealing employment there anyway.
Better ring the agency today but might leave it til tomorrow to ensure a 4 day weekend :thumbsup:

2 Likes

aye, was hoping for a week off next week but booked til weds now and have someone asking after the rest of the week :disappointed:

My actual desk is clear, since we have a clear desk policy, supposedly so we all hot desk continuously (we donā€™t bother). But it is filthy, since I eat and drink really messily. Also my office chair, that Iā€™ve dragged around through several buildings for ten years, is falling to pieces, so overall Iā€™d say very messy.

Shocking

My desk is tidier than anyone elseā€™s in this thread bar ericā€™s and itā€™s still way too cluttered.

Since I resolved to have a clear and tidy desk at all points Iā€™ve basically become a fascist about it. If thereā€™s more than a mug, notepad and calculator on it I get tetchy.

Thereā€™s a fair amount of stuff on here I would prefer to keep elsewhere (like the shipping label printer and the shelf with notebooks etc), but basically have to keep on the desk.

At least itā€™s clean. I hate dust.

That desk bin for paper scraps and thread- I ordered a plain one off ebay, and they sent me one with a cartoon pig and the phrase ā€œTomorrow is waiting for your smileā€ on it.

Also that chip shop sign- when I bought it I was all ā€œyeah Iā€™m gonna change the letters all the timeā€, but then discovered you have to prise them out with a screwdriver. Good that they donā€™t drop off, but a pain to change, which is why it still has prices on rather than a quote or whatever.

2 Likes