How much do you reckon this sandwich costs?

At a new bar/restaurant/mead taproom (!) place that’s opened here. It’s a mozzarella, tomato and rocket sandwich.

• Less than £4
  • £4
  • £5
  • £6
  • £7
  • £8
  • £9
  • £10
  • £10+

0 voters

Baring in mind that this is in a little market town in rural South Devon and not a city or anything.

I had a (2 slices of) red pepper and the merest breath of hummous sandwich in electrik in c2hrolton last year and it was £8 or £9. Boggling

3 Likes

I really love this wording.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s how it comes. Ridiculous. They’ve just taken over a site that’s had about 6 businesses come and go over the last few years. I give them 6 months.

2 Likes

it looks quite nice

If i was to get something similar in a cafe near my work it would cost approx €8.50 I reckon

The baffling thing is, while the people behind it (primarily their business is making the mead also pictured, this is a spin-off venture. The guy’s dad sold a holiday letting business for about £50m a couple years ago which explains a lot) don’t have much experience, I know some of the people who are running this place and they should all know better.

1 Like

How close to sea and how many London grockles go there? £10?

1 Like

Probably around 6 miles.

Not many, they’re all in Salcombe or Dartmouth. This place is in Kingsbridge which isn’t as popular a destination.

1 Like

Fiver

Looks nice. Bit heavy on the tomato but would eat

£8, in Manchester it’d be easily £12.

I’d eat it.

Of course would need crisps on the side, bet it’s those Burt’s fancy ones which would cost am extra £2 a packet but what you gonna do??

1 Like

Burt’s are the best crisps but they are always way overpriced. Big bags are normally £1.50 in Mozzers but never the Firecracker Lobster.

Has virtually that exact sandwich and a black coffee in Manchester yesterday for £8.20, and I thought that was about a quid too dear, tbh.

What is the orangey residue on the bread please?

Could be a couple of quid in that.

I believe that to be an olive tapenade.

Crikey.

Heads up to add £4.

1 Like

I will post the answer and the full lunch menu in a minute.

1 Like

Even with the soft ingredients that bread looks so dry and worthy.

Orange olives? What a world we live in.