How much of your adult life have you been in a relationship?

• 0-10%
  • 10-20%
  • 20-30%
  • 30-40%
  • 40-50%
  • 50-60%
  • 60-70%
  • 70-80%
  • 80-90%
  • 90-100%
  • Not sure
  • I am a child

0 voters

How do you think it has sculpted you as a person? Do you think you have missed out on anything, or do you accept your life trajectory?

Adulthood begins at…? Please advise.

1 Like

I counted from 18. Not sure I was an adult for a until a good few years after that.

2 Likes

I’ve done the maths and it’s 30%. So do I pick 20-30% or 30-40%? Pls advise.

1 Like

One roughly 10 year marriage/ relationship

One relationship of nearly 3 years

Lots of things that have only lasted a few months here and there, but long periods of singledom in between

I’m very happy with my life trajectory - M is a truly wonderful person, hot as hell and I love her to bits so being with her for over 18 years is more than I could have hoped for, let alone simply accept.

How it’s sculpted me as a person? In almost every way, I’m not sure I can imagine who I would have been otherwise.

6 Likes

Fucking hell. 7 minutes I’ve waited!

2 Likes

18 years old, regardless of emotional maturity

Create a second account and vote in one category with this one, and the other category with the other one.

1 Like

Well that sounds like a lot of work for a poll but you’re the boss I guess

That is correct

2 Likes

only 3 years out of 32

welp I’m still growing up I guess

Relationships have damaged me more than anything else.

I think I’ve been single for something like 4-5 years in the 32 years I’ve been an adult.

I was miserable and lonely when I was single, and thought I was missing out. Then I got hooked up and confirmed that I had been right.

13 years with my now wife + a 6 months or so relationship before that / 16.83 years since I turned 18 (fucking hell) = just over 80%

dont really feel like I’ve missed out on anything, anything I could think of is definitely outweighed by the mountain of positives that I get from being with my wife

1 Like

Mate I’m not even sure I’m an adult NOW! I’m such a big kid! Always messing around me. What am I like?!

1%

was in a relationship for a couple of years and when it ended it was the worst thing that ever happened to me, if I’m honest it felt worse than my dad dying. Even now a decade later I’m still traumatised by it, I have to stay off wider social media in case I come into contact with her from there. Every few years I will have to interact with her and it messes me up again and I spend months with anxiety and thinking about killing myself.

Really wish I had died at 21 when that big royal mail crate in the warehouse nearly hit my head, I think about that moment a lot. I should have died then, I’ve been letting myself and others down ever since. It’s not a fair world.

hard to overstate how lucky I feel people who stay in a healthy relationship for most of their lives are, easily much luckier than winning the lottery, it seems like an impossible dream like having superpowers or something