How much respect do you get?

In celebration of DiS finally awarding me the Respected badge.

Absolutely none. Seems about right, tbf.

depends:

here – none

BUT In real life? none

Normal amounts

Almost none at all, I am not really that worthy of huge amounts of respect and I don’t really get much from the various people I interact with on a regular basis.

My problem is that I get too much respect.

Just a little bit

Regret not linking to this in OP.

Sometimes not nearly enough, sometimes way too much. Never satisfied I’m getting the appropriate level tbh

Nuff.

Guys what if we all respected each other for a bit

hmm, very impressive idea. scratches chin and looks impressed

that was masterful. really fantastic

Work life: enough. Probably too much, if anything

Personal Life: Little to none tbh

Shitloads

sub thread:
how much respect do you get from your family about your career?
i don’t want this to be important to me but it is. my mum doesn’t understand what i do at all and think she assumes I have way less status, expertise etc than I actually have, not to mention way less of a positive impact in the world. not that i have masses of either of those but idk.
i left a steady job a few years ago to do something way more interesting, rewarding and valuable, got way more respect from my peers and friends than I’d had before but I think way less from my mum, mainly because I earned fuck all for a few years and had no security etc. she just wants me to be happy but basically can’t fathom a happiness outside the “security” and “stability” which are the root of hers.
what a whining little bastard, fuck off

My mum doesn’t really understand what I do and doesn’t ask questions to find out. But when I said I was thinking of applying for a job in a different profession out of desperation (nothing suitable was coming up and the workplace bullying was really affecting my mental health), she said “I’m not surprised”, i.e. as if you could do a proper grown-up job anyway.

So I guess that’s a very roundabout and insulting way to show respect for it…?

Mums, eh. What a bunch of bastards.

used to be lots from mum regardless of actual job, zero from dad

now that dad is riddled with every death curse going, he has become an almighty softy and tells people i have revolutionised rare books

I tell ya I don’t get no respect. My wife likes to talk during sex, last night she phoned me from a motel.