How much time do you aim to leave between arriving at the airport and catching your flight?

You should try easyJet speedy boarding m8. Not only do you not need to wait to board, you get to look smugly at all the shitmunchers as they board after you, from your grey and orange throne at the front of the plane.

2 Likes

90 mins, trimmed down from 2 hours after a few too many unnecessary 4am alarms for early flights.

Why on Earth would you sit at the front when you can get the overwing exit row aisle seat?

The answer to the question is: depends.

Hold luggage? One hour.
Carry on only? > 40 minutes.

So I can get off the plane first.

Aisle seat 4 lyfe though, obviously.

Will go with whatever my travelling companions want. Happy to drink at the airport for hours, also happy to arrive 30 mins before the flight leaves

2 Likes

Special reply for Guernsey airport as I use it so frequently - 15 minutes…

Same situation here as well, delayed trains gave me 20 mins to get from the station at manchester airport to the gate. By the grace of god I made it.

Got a flight to catch tomorrow morning that means getting the first tube. It should get me into Gatwick exactly 2 hours before my flight but wish I could have a bit more of a buffer.

I’d have felt a bit better if this thread had been full of people rocking up half an hour before but you all seem to be worriers like me.

2 hours. Doesn’t matter if I’m flying from Heathrow or an airport which is basically shed with a runway out the back of it. Always 2 hours.

Holiday - 2.5 hours
Work - 1.5 hours

Long-haul - 2.5 hours
Short-haul - 2 hours

If I’m flying home from Geneva airport it’s more like an hour though, I once managed to get from the office to my gate in about half an hour

1 Like

Manchester airport it takes you a good hour, hour and half to get through the passport and security checks.

that is if you queue up with everyone. Whilst queuing there’s always airport people saying… ‘if your flight departs prior to X, then come to the front of the queue’

This pisses me off.

2 Likes

to answer your question. 2 hours in the UK…

depends when abroad on how you’re getting there… how big the airport is etc.

Possibly my least favourite airport I’ve used

2 hours, often more.

Yeah, that’s the arseholes that are showing up to the airport less than an hour before the departure time ruining it for everyone else.

It’s fine though, because they’re much more important than you or I.

AS A PARENT…this is the best thing about having kids at the airport. Never bother to queue - just walk straight to the front and you always get waved through :+1:

Word :+1: