How much water have you had today? 🚰

Thanks, serf

I don’t drink water, just 7up free lately

Amphoteric refers to it (water) capacity to act as both an acid or base. Its +ve/-ve character means water is a polar compound

1 Like

Sorry, you’ve lost me.

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Loads. I’m running home in a bit though, so I need to have a fair bit.

Oh if we’re counting hot drinks and other fluids then loads:

• four cups of regular tea
  • one cup of decaf tea
  • half a bottle of Diet Coke
  • plenty of milk on my breakfast
  • all fluids are positive water :heavy_plus_sign:
  • you have to drink water to counteract caffeine :no_entry_sign: :coffee:
  • idk :grimacing:

0 voters

I would be long dead if caffeinated fluids weren’t positive water

2 Likes

i’d already drunk a 1.5l bottle of fizzy water by lunch time. probably had… 5 or 6 small glasses of water since. 2 cups of tea as well. guarantee i will drink at least 2 more pints of water today (not to mention the beers oi oiiii) (might drink 2 bottles of beer)

1 Like

I should drink more water. I’ve had 750ml today which I thought was adequate but maybe not. Perhaps if I drank more water my skin would look better and I’d be less physically repulsive. Hmmm.

Had a litre of water plus 3 coffees and 1 lemon & ginger tea. Will have another glass of water with tea and probably a hot chocolate later. Reckon that’s enough fluid.

Coffee is dehydrating so doesn’t count towards water intake cause you defo need more water to hydrate after it

Tea counts tho I think?

Anyway, not counting hot beverages, I’ve had 3 litres.

That’s defo bs

You don’t need to rely only on what you drink to meet your fluid needs. What you eat also provides a significant portion. For example, many fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon and spinach, are almost 100 percent water by weight.

In addition, beverages such as milk, juice and herbal teas are composed mostly of water. Even caffeinated drinks — such as coffee and soda — can contribute to your daily water intake. But water is your best bet because it’s calorie-free, inexpensive and readily available.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256?pg=2

Obvs if you do a load of exercise or live in Arizona or whatever then you need to drink more water, but for most people most of the time you’re getting enough from just doing what you were doing anyway.

1 Like

Also https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/25/upshot/no-you-do-not-have-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-a-day.html

I’ll argue this to the death in the morning, I’m on the iPad so can’t type quick enough but believe me I got shit to say!

Prob about 3-4 litres

giphy%20(6)

1 Like

Probably best to send it straight to the people who did all those peer-reviewed studies in case I forget to check the thread in the morning.

2 Likes