How often do you leave the house, realise you've forgotten something, then go back in to get it?

probably about 35/40% of the time for me. mostly forgetting my shades or ipod innit

please contribute

Never. I am fucking exceptional at not forgetting things that I need to have with me.

3 Likes

I go in and out of the flat at least twice every time for fear of leaving of a plug on, the hob on, forgetting something. It’s very annoying.

3 Likes

Weird, I was thinking of starting a similar thread except mine was going to ask about what you say to your spouse or whoever you live with when you go back in. Do you do a whole, hello and goodbye thing again or what? Only applies if you live with someone.

Maybe 2% of the time, if that.

I did have to walk all the way back from my car to my desk this week because I left my new company credit card on my desk and I needed it the next day. That was annoying, it’s a reasonable walk.

No way, I’m superb at it, I have a pocket check system for keys, wallet and phone that never lets me down and I’m a little bit obsessive about ensuring other one-off things I might need with me are in the best possible position for me to not be able to miss them in advance of me leaving.

Genuinely can’t remember the last time I forgot something when leaving the house, I might even go as far as saying I’ve never done it.

1 Like

Rarely. Someone I work with drove three hours to a conference only to realise they’d forgotten their suit tousers. They got some from the hotel’s lost property in the end! We nicknamed him ‘Wallace’ (for wearing The Wrong Trousers) and I am delighted to inform you all that it stuck :slight_smile:

eh?

• Spectacles
  • Testicles
  • Wallet
  • Watch
2 Likes

When I left the house earlier I’d forgotten to lock the back door, so I had to go back and lock it.

Generally, I’d say maybe 10% of the time.

All the damn time.

It always reminds me of Neil Maskell in that TV version of the Great Train Robbery from a couple of years ago. The robbers are watching a bloke leave a farm and are about to move in when Maskell goes “What if he comes back?..Blokes…sometimes they come back.”

This sounds familiar

Like with something plugged in. Such as hair straighteners or a charger.

I’d like to raise this to how often do you leave the house, THINK you’ve forgotten something, then go back to get it and realise you actually had it all along. Quite often, usually for headphones.

2 Likes

oh right. charger’ll be OK though

I often leave the dehumidifier running all day, laptop/tablet plugged in when I’m out, but yeah, I’m a fucking maverick

properly thrown off by the avatar change. thought we had a new contender.

1 Like

Or a robot

1 Like

Almost never

There’s only really one scenario in which this happens;
Get ready to leave the house, put on jacket/coat, put item(s) in pocket, look in mirror, decide to change jacket/coat, forget to retreive item(s)

Happens about once every 3 years

only if I’m hungover.

Haha, yeah I used to as well. But then I started to get the fear and now I can’t. My mum is friends with someone who teaches fire safety so I heard a lot about that and apparently it’s bad to leave your charger plugged in.

Another one is the washing machine… leaving that on when I’m out concerns me a bit. My aunties house burnt down because of her washing machine.